Viticulture Essential Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discard rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leigh Micevski
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi.

I states that players must discard their hands down to 7 cards of their choice.

My question is if I had 9 cards could i discard down to 6,5,4 etc. or is just down to 7?

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Barber
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
SER BARRISTAN SELMY wrote:
Hi.

I states that players must discard their hands down to 7 cards of their choice.

My question is if I had 9 cards could i discard down to 6,5,4 etc. or is just down to 7?

Cheers.

Why would you want to discard below 7? During the following year you may hold as many card as you want until it is the end of the year again so there is no benefit to discarding below 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Micevski
Australia
flag msg tools
That is true.

I was coming more from a deck building aspect where I didn't want dead card in my hand i.e. I had few things that I was never going to accomplish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Barber
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is true.

I was coming more from a deck building aspect where I didn't want dead card in my hand i.e. I had few things that I was never going to accomplish.

There are some cards in the deck that will let you spend or discard cards to get a benefit so there is absolutely no value to discarding even useless cards until end of year when you are forced to, and an upside for keeping them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Micevski
Australia
flag msg tools
Very true. Thank you for those pointers.

First time playing it last night and we had a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Blanchard
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
I Wonder If There's Beer On The Sun.
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendunclebastard wrote:
That is true.

There are some cards in the deck that will let you spend or discard cards to get a benefit so there is absolutely no value to discarding even useless cards until end of year when you are forced to, and an upside for keeping them.

The Appraiser (I think) will also give you 1 lira for each card in your hand when you play him. You want to be holding as many as you can. This is not a deck building game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Micevski
Australia
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply mate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can think of a scenario where having less cards is better. I think there is one visitor that makes every other player give one of their cards to them. If you have discarded all the way down to zero cards, you would be exempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.