Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following the flow chart I need to recruit for the Jihadist. Since this is the first card played of the game, I come down to the box with “...in non-IR, non-RC country with highest Recruit success role.” Again, since first card of game this rules out Somalia (or do I roll for Governance of Somalia first and put them there?) as they are the only Besieged Regime but do not have a Recruit success value (either by Governance or Recruit Number). This leads to Saudi Arabia as they have the most cells+troops (2 from the scenario set up) and a Poor Governance which means a Recruit value of 3. However, under 8.2.2 it states that a country must already have a cell present or a cadre. Since it is the first card of the game there is neither a cell or cadre present in Saudi Arabia. Do I ignore this in the solitaire rules (no mention of this condition under 9.4.2.5) or do I go now to Radicalization?

Also, another related question: The OPS value of the card is 2. If I can recruit do I only recruit 1 for Saudi Arabia and then if successful move on to the next box in the chart, which is Radicalization for use of the remaining OPS or do both OPS go towards recruit (assuming that cells are available)?

Thanks,
Tim

Edited to insert question if I would roll for Governance of Somalia and put them there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Plant
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which card is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
since first card of game this rules out Somalia (or do I roll for Governance of Somalia first and put them there?)

Somalia is not a valid target because there are no cells nor cadres.

Phytoman wrote:
However, under 8.2.2 it states that a country must already have a cell present or a cadre. Since it is the first card of the game there is neither a cell or cadre present in Saudi Arabia. Do I ignore this in the solitaire rules (no mention of this condition under 9.4.2.5) or do I go now to Radicalization?

Unless something is "overwritten" explicitly in section 9.0, all the rules always apply.

Phytoman wrote:
If I can recruit do I only recruit 1 for Saudi Arabia and then if successful move on to the next box in the chart, which is Radicalization for use of the remaining OPS or do both OPS go towards recruit (assuming that cells are available)?

A fragment of Rule 9.4.2:

Quote:
To the degree possible with Cells present in a given country, and unless otherwise noted (such as Travel, 9.4.2.6-6.1; Radicalization, 9.4.3), conduct Jihadist Operations from a given card within a selected country before moving on to another.

That's the key to understand everything else: after selecting an Operation, you start looking where you can execute it the most with the Cells on the board.

How much you can recruit does not depend on the Cells already on a target country, so after you select a country using the Recruit Operation's priority, you place as many Cells as possible in that country (of course, Funding level and the Operation value of the card you're using put a limit on that).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.