Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Britt Strickland
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’m interested in finding U.K. sources for this game (really dig Rinella’s area movement games). The trick will be finding a decent price when I do.
Haven’t had any confirmations or prices from my inquiries.

Let me know if you have any leads, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brian
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hope someone does stock it in the UK at a reaonable price in the near future as I think it worked out at about £120 ordering via LSG due to postage and tbat is without the potential of getting clobbered by customs and tax.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

I was also put off the potential price of buying it from the US. Subscribed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nunez
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I spoke in passing with the boss at LSG, Steve, and he said he had no ability to ship multiple copies to stores, offer terms, prepare customs paperwork, follow up on slow pays, deal with returns, or even offer normal business hours as he has a day job. So I'm guessing you won't find it in stores anywhere, pretty much just direct mail order sales only with this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brian
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Andy,

Thanks for the message. That's a real shame as I enjoy these area games but the exchange rate, postage cost and likely tax levy just makes it so difficult to justify a direct purchase.

I know some US companies use / used Limey-Yank games in the UK to get over some of these issues but appreciate the difficulties in doing this for a smaller outfit.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nunez
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Well, I will tell Steve about the Limey service. But what sort of price point are you looking for? My thinking is that by mailing the game twice (LSG to Limey, Limey to you), then reimbursing the Limey people for whatever customs charges they incur, and them getting a small cut for their time, buying re-shipping cartons, etc., aren't you right back near the LSG list price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin
mbmbmbmbmb

I guess it depends what volume of orders you get. LYG distributes for Clash of Arms and Legion Games - neither of which are big outfits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to those that have mentioned LYG's EU Friendly shipping service. We do indeed provide this service already to a number of 'smallish' publihers. In fact, it is probably better suited to the smaller ones as we may struggle handling the volumes generated by the larger ones. In fact, it was we who initially suggested the EU service to GMT. They were interested but concluded we were too small and so went to Second Chance Games.

Perhaps surprisingly, despite the additional costs Andy N correctly mentions, we are able to work with our current partners to provide a cost effective alternative to straight shipping that is attractive to their customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john rees
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hants
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A note to any interested UK buyers.

I decided to splash the cash on this game, and ordered direct from the company website. International postage was the option, not cheap, and I resigned myself to paying the tax and the hostage handling fee.

Imagine my delight when this arrived with no extra charges from Limey/Yank games. Nice one guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
reesy wrote:
A note to any interested UK buyers.

I decided to splash the cash on this game, and ordered direct from the company website. International postage was the option, not cheap, and I resigned myself to paying the tax and the hostage handling fee.

Imagine my delight when this arrived with no extra charges from Limey/Yank games. Nice one guys.

Sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nunez
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

Apparently the publisher has cut a deal with LYG and they can now offer some sort of wallet-friendlier service to Europeans. See the publisher's recent post on CSW here:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd7241c/700
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.