Hide
6 Posts

Ships of the Line: Trafalgar 1805» Forums » General

Subject: This Game Looks Amazing + Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J P
msg tools
I just watched the Chief's review of this game and I want it! Before I purchased I was wondering:

1. Does anyone know the best type of paint to use on the ships. Not sure what they are made of. What citadel paints do the job?

2. What size are the mast insert pegs? I was considering buying this and then magnetizing them so that they could be removed for storage / battle damage.

3. The designer previously mentioned that there might be a second edition. I'd rather wait for it if the timeline isn't too far away. Any updates on what the second edition might change from the first?

4. Is there anyway to order extra ships by themselves?

Thanks in advance!

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crisanto Lorente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John
thanks for your questions; I'm answering you:

1- You are going to paint plastic miniatures. Any acrylic paint works for you.

2- it has maximum in the diameter 2mm; but they are easy to remove and put. In fact it is designed in this way. With blu tack you solve all possible problems. I personally have never used it but I know it is a good option.

3- No, the second edition is for Waterloo 1815. In this game, at the moment, there is no 2ED; However, I will start to make new scenarios smaller and larger for those who want big battles or small confrontations. There will still be enough months for it.

4- No, at the moment. When the scenarios I mention come out, I'll also take out bags with additional plastic boats; I also want to take ships with more detail, which will be made of resin.

Thanks to you John. Any questions you have I am happy to help you.
Best regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
msg tools
Thanks Crisanto!

I know you probably have scenarios in mind, but I would love to see The Battle of the Capes from the American Revolution as a scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crisanto Lorente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a good idea!!!
Yes, now I have in mind some scenarios of the Spanish Navy between the years 1740-1805, and among other battles the following:
Cabo Sicié: 1744
Havana: 1748
Cabo de Santa María: 1780
Cabo Espartel: 1782
San Vicente: 1797
Finisterre: 1805
Capture of Dumanoir: 1805

As well:
Kamperduin, 1797
Aboukir, 1798
Copenhagen, 1801
Bay of Algeciras, 1801

I have to watch those battles of The Battle of the Capes, I think it's an excellent idea. Little by little this is very expensive to combine with work and family, but the illusion of doing so can more than anything else, hahaha
Best regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clay stretch
United States
louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
War of 1812, Lake Erie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crisanto Lorente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.