United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
I only ever intend to play this solo, two handed. While trying to utilize the dead space in the two, empty hero trays, it occurred to me that two hero trays is the exact same size as the box that holds the plastic minis.

If you remove the two unused hero trays and put the box holding the minis in their place, you'll free up space to put those empty, fully assembled tuck boxes back where they belong! No need to fold those boxes on top with your map tiles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
I only ever intend to play this solo, two handed. While trying to utilize the dead space in the two, empty hero trays, it occurred to me that two hero trays is the exact same size as the box that holds the plastic minis.

If you remove the two unused hero trays and put the box holding the minis in their place, you'll free up space to put those empty, fully assembled tuck boxes back where they belong! No need to fold those boxes on top with your map tiles!

Question for those with the insert: how useful are the "active character trays"? I am wondering if there might be a market for them to keep things better organized. At the moment I only open my game box to get character specific tuckboxes/minis out, as most everything is in file folders/.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mb
Quite useful imo. Having everything needed for an active hero all in one place means no sorting or hunting through baggies. Although I can't see why all those components can't be thrown into a sandwich bag labeled "Brute" and call it a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd agree with xBino. If you are using the whole BT insert, the PC trays are just lovely - a little "save game" mechanism with slots for cards of different sized and tokens etc. But if you're using a DIY storage setup, I wouldn't bother. Stick your PCs in baggies, and you're good to go.

Edit: I am, though, puzzled by xBino's OP - don't you end up having to store the 2 unused trays outside the box, rather than storing some folded up tuckboxes outside the box? Not sure there is much benefit, but ymmv.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick mullen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
I'd agree with xBino. If you are using the whole BT insert, the PC trays are just lovely - a little "save game" mechanism with slots for cards of different sized and tokens etc. But if you're using a DIY storage setup, I wouldn't bother. Stick your PCs in baggies, and you're good to go.

Edit: I am, though, puzzled by xBino's OP - don't you end up having to store the 2 unused trays outside the box, rather than storing some folded up tuckboxes outside the box? Not sure there is much benefit, but ymmv.

Since xBino is only playing solo 2-handed they will never need the other 2 trays, while at somepoint during play they may want to switch characters and want access to all of the envelopes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xBino wrote:
Quite useful imo. Having everything needed for an active hero all in one place means no sorting or hunting through baggies. Although I can't see why all those components can't be thrown into a sandwich bag labeled "Brute" and call it a day.

Fair point - mainly just aesthetics. My current solution is to leave it set-up on my spare gaming table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aleis marcon
United States
Cabot
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mb
saluk wrote:

Since xBino is only playing solo 2-handed they will never need the other 2 trays, while at somepoint during play they may want to switch characters and want access to all of the envelopes.

I would just use the other trays for 2 extra characters you may need with different abilities, there are definitely missions when your 2 man group just wont be ideal and you will want to trade out for a different combo. This isn't cheesing it and is even suggested with rules on how to handle it in the rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.