GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,844 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So just bought the big box and always wanted this game from the beginning but for different reasons never did back in the day. Bought a lot of other zombie games and also some other great games from Flying frog like touch of evil and Brimstone etc and really like their way of making games and design.
So when this box came i felt obligated to get it

So as a newbie to the game after all this time, what suggestions do you have for must have expansions etc? Also is this playable solo with some variant created after all this time? and if so is it good solo or is it better overall as a party game?
Also if you have any other hints about pitfalls to avoid for the first play session coming up id be grateful for that as well
/Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a set of fan made solo rules on the files page.

All expansions to the game are nice.

Have a look at the combined rulebook, also on the files page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
There is a set of fan made solo rules on the files page.

All expansions to the game are nice.

Have a look at the combined rulebook, also on the files page.

Tjenis
Ok are the rules ok i mean is it a good experience to play with those rules?
Not sure but in the 10th ani box it sais its an updated rulebook, is that the new updated version then? That i got now with the box i mean

Ok so there is no expansion you would recommend most of all before the others?
Cheers, Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hej hej!

I like all expansions. I would get them in publication order.

The Combined Rulebook is fan made, but I think it is a little better than the 10 AE (if I may say so myself). Perhaps it will not be very useful until you have a few expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Calow
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
From what I gather the 10th Anniversary edition has all the updates in the rules from Timber Peak as well as the new Hero and Zombie Upgrade decks too.

I'd probably suggest the Blood in the Forest expansion for fisrt pick as this will combine easily as it was intended to do so with Timber Peak.

After that, probably Growing Hunger and the two Hero Packs.

While its better as a group game (I've played with between 2 and 9 players) you could simply play solo by just making the zombies move towards closest heros regardless and playing their zombie cards as they come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Stewart
United States
LOS ANGELES
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play it with friends. Why would you ever play it alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cook
msg tools
mbmb
There are some solo play variants in the files section for this game...one of them in particular seems to be well thought out and organized. I think this game really benefits from group play but I think the solo variant is actually usable for full co-op play as well so definitely worth a look.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/154398/solo-system-last-n...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.