Subject: Question about betting on "4th" or "5th" horse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Steven Schultz
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hi....I have a question about the bet cards. I understand that the Round 2 and Round 3 bets have penalties, if you want to back a different horse.

Two cards are to bet on the "4th Starter" and "5th Starter" -- that would be Whiskey Princess and You Got Me in the first round, so if you used those cards then, you are betting on those horses.

If you use this bet for the 2nd round and/or 3rd round, are you announcing you are betting on the 4th/5th starter of *that round?*

So if (for instance), Maple Splendor wound up in 4th place after the first round, and you bet on the 4th Starter for the second round, you would be betting on Maple Splendor. If Maple Splendor wound up in second place after the 2nd round, and you left your bet alone, you would still be betting on Maple Splendor -- am I right?

[You are betting on whoever is the 4th or 5th place starter in the round you place the bet, in other words]

Question about movement -- Again, I think I understand. Your horse cannot move if there is no group in front (or behind) it. If you move *from* the last group backwards, you create a new last group, and if you move *from* the first group forwards, you create a new group. Yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tagmire
United States
Westmont
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
The 4th and 5th Starter are based on starting positions at the beginning of the race, and listed on the back on the rules or on the separate starter cards (if you have them).

And as for the movement. You can always move forward or backward if you can create a new pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.