Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
In a solo game, each of the 3 phases consists of exactly 8 rounds (24 rounds total). So, is the answer:

1 starting castle hex
24 rounds X 1 hex per round
7 silver X 1 extra hex per silver (assuming you are able to get and use them all)

So, 1 + 24 + 7 = 32.

I know the number will be less if you can't get/use all the silver. Or, if you have a poor role and have to waste turns taking workers.

But, I occasionally forget to check off one of the round markers and need to double check where things stand to make sure the game is in the correct state. So, I just wanted to see if this is correct, or if I am missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
You got it right, except that there are 6 silver, so it's 31.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
You got it right, except that there are 6 silver, so it's 31.

Interesting...

It's always 2 for completing the mine areas, 3 for selling commodities gained from the river areas, and 1 from the castle.

Seems odd they would put 6 next to the mine hex even though it is only 5 + the castle (i.e., there is also one by the castle hex).

For monks, they vary it based on the board. Max 5 on A C D (4 from hex areas, 1 from castle), and max 4 on B (3 from hex, 1 from castle).

For workers there are extra, but that's because there are multiple ways to get workers (completing a city, or not being able to take a turn with the dice rolled).

Wonder why they put the extra hex for silver on all the boards? Must be a typo.. unless we are missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
You stumped me for a moment, as I remember already thinking about these things.

There are 4 commodities, not 3. You missed the castle one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
You stumped me for a moment, as I remember already thinking about these things.

There are 4 commodities, not 3. You missed the castle one.

Ah, yes...

Would that put us back at 32? Since there are actually 7 silver (2 for mines + 4 for selling commodities + the 1 on the castles)?

Or, am I still missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Oh, right, 7 silver. I got confused from the start, and you were correct from the start
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.