Hide
12 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Beast we Became.. help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danilo Silvestri
msg tools
Hello everybody! This is my first post in this section. Great game The Others, I love it! Sorry but English is not my language

Can you help me with "The Beast we Become" story? I have some doubts:

1- After the first mission, Heroes choose one of them (not in reserve?) and then look at the Dark Past card without apply it?

2- After the second mission it says: "Heroes summon...". So Heroes have to place the Avatar and the traitor or the Sin player has to do this? Only on nest?

Thank you very much! Searching in the web I did not find any official FAQ... is it possible? soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverdado wrote:
Hello everybody! This is my first post in this section. Great game The Others, I love it! Sorry but English is not my language

Can you help me with "The Beast we Become" story? I have some doubts:

1- After the first mission, Heroes choose one of them (not in reserve?) and then look at the Dark Past card without apply it?

Yes, they get a sneak peak that can affect how they play out the game.

Silverdado wrote:

2- After the second mission it says: "Heroes summon...". So Heroes have to place the Avatar and the traitor or the Sin player has to do this? Only on nest?

Doesn't say anything that would override the rule so yes, it must be to an open nest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Silvestri
msg tools
Thank you very much for the answers!
For the second point I meant: Who have to place the Avatar and the traitor? The Sin player as in the other story or the Heroes? I don't understand why is written "the heroes summon..." surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverdado wrote:
Thank you very much for the answers!
For the second point I meant: Who have to place the Avatar and the traitor? The Sin player as in the other story or the Heroes? I don't understand why is written "the heroes summon..." surprise

Sorry I missed that - the sins player should place them, it was the player action that caused them to be summoned.

In the case of the player character traitor if they are still on the board you wouldn't move them, they just turn evil

Last time I did this board the traitor character died at the same time the players advanced the story, so I just said Rose is BACK! And put her in the same place.

The heroe's ended up loosing that game.. too many deaths and some poor dice rolls against Rose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Silvestri
msg tools
Thanks, you have answered a question that I haven't done yet
I was wondering what happen if the traitor hero die before the start of the last mission... and you answered me in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverdado wrote:
Thanks, you have answered a question that I haven't done yet
I was wondering what happen if the traitor hero die before the start of the last mission... and you answered me in advance!

You are welcome - I love this game - love painting the minis and playing the game as either the sin or the good guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Silvestri
msg tools
I'm starting to paint it too
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3926992/others?size=large

Yesterday we played at "The beast we became" at last. We had a doubt about the choice of the traitor hero.
Does the sin player have to tell who is the traitor hero? Or is it a secret?
Playing as sin player yesterday I told to the heroes who was the traitor (because usually I like to help them) but I'm not sure of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverdado wrote:
I'm starting to paint it too
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3926992/others?size=large

Yesterday we played at "The beast we became" at last. We had a doubt about the choice of the traitor hero.
Does the sin player have to tell who is the traitor hero? Or is it a secret?
Playing as sin player yesterday I told to the heroes who was the traitor (because usually I like to help them) but I'm not sure of it.

The players won't find out who the traitor is until they max that characters corruption or advance the story to the point where it is forced to be shown.

Here's a big collection of stuff I've painted: https://imgur.com/a/WcK4a

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Silvestri
msg tools
Great job with the mini!!

Are you sure of the traitor rule?
This is the text written in the map side of the story:

After players have chosen their starting Heroes, the Sins player takes one hero from the Reserve as a Traitor Hero. Heroes will have to fight this traitor in the last mission of the story

Why it is an hidden information? And why you have to reveal it when it reaches the max of corruption? The rules that you wrote are similar to the Dark Past Card, not the rule of the traitor that I reported.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverdado wrote:
Great job with the mini!!

Are you sure of the traitor rule?
This is the text written in the map side of the story:

After players have chosen their starting Heroes, the Sins player takes one hero from the Reserve as a Traitor Hero. Heroes will have to fight this traitor in the last mission of the story

Why it is an hidden information? And why you have to reveal it when it reaches the max of corruption? The rules that you wrote are similar to the Dark Past Card, not the rule of the traitor that I reported.

Good catch! I missed that - Dark Past is duplicated in the rule book, but I've been using the maps in the expansion boxes, so I've not read the back of this card in quite a while.

This actually makes it harder for the players. They start with 1 less life this way.

So the Dark Past card for Traitor is not used in the Beast we become.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Silvestri
msg tools
So "take" means that the heroes play with one hero less? Soooo hard :-o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverdado wrote:
So "take" means that the heroes play with one hero less? Soooo hard :-o

Yup! Means time is of the essence - exp if you can corrupt 1st the suicide pack - makes me think this is easier in a 2 or 4 player game (so there are 3 heroes out at once, and thus no suicide pack to start)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.