Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a few games with my family so far and we have not gotten very far. However, I was asked whether we have enough miniatures if there are the same number of adversaries (i.e., 4 Blue Horrors) in two different chamber rooms. So is it possible to run out of adversary figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:
I have played a few games with my family so far and we have not gotten very far. However, I was asked whether we have enough miniatures if there are the same number of adversaries (i.e., 4 Blue Horrors) in two different chamber rooms. So is it possible to run out of adversary figures?

This is covered on page 23 - Limited Adversaries. You place what you can and then get an unexpected event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin. How often does his happen in your experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:
Thanks Kevin. How often does his happen in your experience?

Very, very rarely. I've always said the game is a bit like an optimisation puzzle, where you try to sequence out a series of actions in an attempt to make sure there are no enemies on the board at the end of the turn. If you leave too many adversaries on the board, you can die very quickly (a single monster can potentially take down a hero in some cases). So, as players are going to be actively trying to clean up the board, and because a lot of monsters are glass cannons that go down quickly, running out of monsters isn't something you really need to worry about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,
I just received the Chaos Adversary Cards. With up to 10 Horrors, Tzaangors or even 18(!) Kairic Acolytes possibly appearing, I think I will be buying some more figures soon!gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:
Kevin,
I just received the Chaos Adversary Cards. With up to 10 Horrors, Tzaangors or even 18(!) Kairic Acolytes possibly appearing, I think I will be buying some more figures soon!gulp

Yeah - lots of potential to spend lots of money for this game. I need a few more units to flesh out my options, but I have a good selection of chaos adversaries now.

Be warned, the numbers on the cards are entirely based on how many models come in a unit box, and not necessarily what would make a fun or balanced game. If you put 10 pink horrors on the board, you would have a truly horrible time (keep in mind how they split, and then split again).

I really need to come up with some kind of scaling system to generate more realistic spawn groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many Tzeentch Screamers would make a balanced encounter in your view?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:

They come in a box of three, and that many seems like a nice challenge for our three-hero party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carthagenj wrote:

They’re actually listed as one of the original exotic adversaries in the ST game, and indicate “1 for every player, to a max of 3” Same as flamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aforesaidraven wrote:
carthagenj wrote:

They’re actually listed as one of the original exotic adversaries in the ST game, and indicate “1 for every player, to a max of 3” Same as flamers.

Yes. But the point is, those numbers don't always mean you get a balanced experience. As I said earlier, the values (in most cases) are simply the number of miniatures you get in a unit box, which is why the pink horror adversary card says you can spawn up to 10, which you would never want to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.