Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Reeves
United States
Saint Peters
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghosts Love CandyI picked this up at my FLGS, I am always willing to pay full retail whenever possible. The initial appeal to Ghosts Love Candy was the game name and board design. The art is fabulous. It clearly was focusing its target audience on children and families. My daughter enjoys games that are easy to plan, appeals to her interests, and strategically simple enough for her to beat her brothers and sisters. This one was a huge win. It turned out it was the overall favorite for the entire family.

My overall review is a rating of 1-5. A 5 is a perfect fit for our family. Ages 11-16 and including my wife and I.

Overall Rating: Must Own
Players: 5
Game Length: 5
Complexity: 5
Quality: 5
Replay-ability: 5

The game is very simple to setup and learn.
Create a line of children dressed in costume, select a set of ghosts haunt power 1-10 to haunt the children, place candy above each child.
In turn order select a ghost from your hand (power 1-10) and place it face down. Flip over each players selection simultaneously. The ghost with the most power gets to haunt first.

Each child has a 'special ability' to match. This was created perfectly adding a twist to the game play even allowing the use of clever strategy to thwart your opponents or benefit the player.

The one caveat to perfection is the way ties over resolved. Each person flips over one of the children revealing their secret number. The person that revealed the highest wins. I found this to be slightly tilted on random luck. The first game my son one every single tie. What are the odds of that happening?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.