Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering when the 6th module will be released for the 1st edition, or if it has been abandoned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Macchiavello
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was wondering the same thing. I will not buy the complete game for one module. But the module for 1st edition is an instant buy for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
While it was mentioned some time ago in previews of the reprint I expect this was abandoned.

I expect that we'll have a community made version soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope that they don't abandon this. Why should they? Ok, maybe they won't sell a billion, but it shouldn't be much work (except some artwork) and at least I would pay money for that

I would also take the 6th module from the second edition, if they release it separately. Of course, this wouldn't be my favorite solution. Do you think that they would cover the fields in the first edition nicely?

I also heard that they are going to do it. Abandoning it would be an absolute no go in my opinion!! Whom to blame? Stratelibri?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't sour grapes or anything, but it looks like a dumb module to me anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
That would a shame given what they said back in 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Z-man customer service to inquire about separate availability of the expansion. They asked me for the links to the quotes from the designers, and I'm waiting to get another response back from them.

I'll post an update here when I find out more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
gheintze wrote:
I contacted Z-man customer service to inquire about separate availability of the expansion. They asked me for the links to the quotes from the designers, and I'm waiting to get another response back from them.

I'll post an update here when I find out more.

If you still need it. One from each of the designers

From Andrea Chiarvesio (Tanis)
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27038276#27038276
tanis wrote:

We, the designers of Kingsburg, explicitely asked that it was possible to purchase the Alternate Advisor Rewards module on its own without buying the second edition of the game, as a way to respect people that purchased the first edition.

So, I truly hope it will be as such...

This one is from the other designer, Luca Iennaco (Luke the Flaming)
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22839588#22839588
Luke the Flaming wrote:

The rights to publish the game and the rights to use the old artwork belong to different people. They did not reach an agreement.
The publisher thus had two options: no reprint or new artwork.
It it NOT intended as an "improvement" (I love the old artwork as well), but as a necessity to avoid OOP status forever.

If you already own the game, no one is trying to convince you to buy it again (in fact, we insisted to have a "6th module only" option to underline that you do not need to buy it all again).
This new edition is intended for people that do not own the game yet (but would like to).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I couldn't find the quote from Luca, so I emailed that to them as well.

I had also (ironically) found this quote on the Z-man games website: https://www.zmangames.com/en/news/2017/11/9/a-qa-with-the-de...

Quote:
Our Italian publisher approached us with the opportunity to create a new version combining the base game with the expansion, and we of course agreed also to develop a new expansion module for the game, on the condition that it would have been sold separately, for people who already own the previous version.

We'll see what their response is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest response
Quote:
Thank you for the information. We will be looking into this however it may take some time to confirm information and we apologize for the delay. We will message you when we have an answer for you.

My guess is that this fell through the cracks and that they don't have immedicate plans to release it separately. Hopefully, they will make the decision to release it separately based on the comments from Luca and Andrea. I'll update this when I hear more.

For now, I'm not going to buy the new version in the hopes that the expansion will be available separately. I really don't care if the art doesn't match as long as I have the opportunity to use it in games.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Geoff! You rock!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received a reply from Zach at Asmodee/Z-Man games. I'm optimistic!

Quote:
We apologize of the delay in getting back to you. It seems that there will be more follow-up with this product later this year and we suggest that you keep your eyes on the Z-Man Games page as that is where we will make all of our announcements about this product. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. L. Lloyd
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
Thought Apparatus Games
mbmbmbmbmb
gheintze wrote:
Just received a reply from Zach at Asmodee/Z-Man games. I'm optimistic!

Quote:
We apologize of the delay in getting back to you. It seems that there will be more follow-up with this product later this year and we suggest that you keep your eyes on the Z-Man Games page as that is where we will make all of our announcements about this product. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us again!
That certainly sounds like they are trying to play catch up on this but I'm not complaining as it seems to confirm that something will come of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erwin Wong
Australia
Pascoe Vale
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just caught up on this new module for the 2nd edition and wanted to poke the thread to see if there were any updates about one for the 1st ed. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think, after this length of time, its safe to say its been dropped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Available now:
https://www.zmangames.com/en/news/2019/1/29/announcing-kings...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingsburg: Expansion Module #6 – Alternate Advisor Rewards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamredwoods wrote:

$53 for shipping to the UK? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Jez2k wrote:
adamredwoods wrote:

$53 for shipping to the UK? :surprise:

Yeah, I was part way through ordering when I discovered that.
"They're having a laugh"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.