Ryan Wolfe
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

There is a Shadowlands card that lets you discard one of your combat tokens. If you discard Bluff, does it come back next round or is it gone for good? (sorry, I don't have the exact card text available atm).

If it does come back, is there ANYTHING that removes Bluff permanently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bray
msg tools
The cost of discarding that token is that you have one less token placed for the round, and that your opponent know you were bluffing, the token comes back to your hand the same as any other time you would discard the bluff token (due to a Shugenja for instance). There's no way to permanently remove the bluff token, however the Scorpion territory card "Spy Network" allows you to prevent a player using their bluff for a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
In other place someone quoted FFG answering what happens to bluff token picked as a target of First Player card. Apparently it doesn’t go back to pool, but to hand (kind of), but you cannot use it for the round.

So what happens when you actively try to discard bluff token (like with that territory card)? The rules would suggest that it is discarded and then instantly hops back into your hand, meaning the cost of playing said territory card is close to 0, which feels weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Prophet
United Kingdom
London
Camden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate assuming and interpreting in rules, but I'm fairly certain that when discarding a bluff token, it returns to your hand for the next round.

Getting that extra turn and going last if you just discarded and returned right away is... Well we made the mistake of doing that when we played and it definitely was a negative addition not a positive one.

I'd be surprised if it was the case that it just gets added to your hand right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.