Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I played with two other people a sort of "intermediate level" game:

We used the Basic Game rules but also added the restriction that we could only retrieve the Jewels in numerical order as in the Advanced Game.

It was very challenging...

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Player
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I'm thinking of trying something like this with my kids. They are anxious to try the advanced game, but I am concerned that the combo of the cards with extra draw, the tokens in order and the closing of the blue and green doors will prove to be too frustrating for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had success with only adding the draw two and one set of locked doors (rather than two). The 8 and 10 year olds enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Castle
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You could also try playing with all door cards, but if the second card of a particular door colour gets played, it unlocks that colour of door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Cooley
msg tools
We've done the opposite, where we play with the advanced card set (draw cards and locked doors), but don't look at the numbers on the jewels. (playing with 6 year olds btw.) It's still great fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.