Amber G
Canada
flag msg tools
We have Settlers of Catan, Apples to Apples, Killer Bunnies (which I have no idea how to play) and Kinder Bunnies, Gloom, Carcassone, and multitudes of the 'regular' dice and card games. I tend to hover on the boardgamegeek here and invested in some of the games over Christmas and have a couple of the print and play games - some of the simpler ones.

The local library used to have a drop in game night, but is no longer continuing that and I have given up on getting my husband interested, or to even look up from the TV and his phone, but sometimes some friends and I get together and we will play together(my kids are 12, 9 and 7 and we will often play together and they LOVE playing Ticket to Ride: First Journey and Small Worlds 2 on the tablets on Pass n' Play (I have not been able to afford those table games..yet but at least it is teaching us how to play it)).

We are a bit of a quirky and geeky group, and not terribly rowdy - and the neighbours are going to try to teach us Munchkin at some point. But if someone has some of the games but nobody to play with and want to get their kids more involved in gaming...would there be interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
A wife that cannot get her husband to play??

It's the world upside-down!

I hope you find people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamara H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in Regina, not Prince Albert, but I hope you are able to connect with some people.

Have you considered approaching a local restaurant or community hall or something to set up a weekly or monthly games night/afternoon that you could promote widely in PA and have people drop in and play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trev
Canada
Prince Albert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see someone else from PA on here! My wife tolerates my hobby and enjoys playing the odd game with me. My 11 year old is slowly getting into games since I've been buying more kid friendly ones.

I have a Friday night group and not a lot of time, but if you see some games that interest you in my 'for trade' list, let me know. I would be willing to part with most of them for very reasonable prices! Anything to not have to ship them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber G
Canada
flag msg tools
I hear you on time. Between work, soccer and girl guides always on the go! But it is good downtime and a good way to get the teens talking and involved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Warren
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey Amber

Tere is a new Board game night every Friday at Plaza 88 ( old coop) feel free to swing by, There is an entry fee of $5 just to cover the cost of getting new games. Its small now but it will be nice to build a good group of people to play. There is also a canteen that sells snacks (pop, water, tea, popcorn, candy, candy bars)

facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/164239527575300/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
How is your game night going?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Also, if you are big Catan players (or small ones) The Catan Reqional Preliminaries for Saskatchewan are going on this weekend at Amazing Stories (in Saskatoon) and on the 26th at Dragon's Den in Saskatoon, with the finals to follow in June.

Entry fee is 10 dollars to help defray the cost of the winner's ticket to the National Championships in Toronto.

Here are some facebook links
Amazing Stories on May 12th (10 AM start)

Dragon's Den on May 26th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber G
Canada
flag msg tools
I'm sorry...my summer went stupid busy.

Game night is going great! Things seem to Flux as people move or extra curricular activities but we are having fun.

We are really getting into Catan, Carcassonne and Gloom...we super low key people. I never get to saskatoon. Ever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber G
Canada
flag msg tools
I actually did message you about some of your games. I am interested in some (I'm not creepy.. I swear...depending on your view of the interpretation. Just possibly unexciting).

Especially betrayal, mysterium and a few others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.