Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Badoux Jerome
Switzerland
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi 2 rule questions following the game I had today :

- if you activate a system in which there is an ennemy ship, you go in that system, combat begins and the opponent immediately retreat... do you win the combat?
(My view is that as the retreat is in the combat phase the combat started then you win the combat if he retreats) however I don't know if I missed something ... am I right or not?

- Imagine you have played your 3 secret objectives, the a law pass that says that your secret objective becomes a public objective... can you get a new secret objective cards as this one became a public objective? (I guess that needs an errata, however maybe I missed something in the rules)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W G
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
I‘m not really a sentient polar bear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agone07 wrote:
Hi 2 rule questions following the game I had today :

- if you activate a system in which there is an ennemy ship, you go in that system, combat begins and the opponent immediately retreat... do you win the combat?
(My view is that as the retreat is in the combat phase the combat started then you win the combat if he retreats) however I don't know if I missed something ... am I right or not?

- Imagine you have played your 3 secret objectives, the a law pass that says that your secret objective becomes a public objective... can you get a new secret objective cards as this one became a public objective? (I guess that needs an errata, however maybe I missed something in the rules)

1) In case of a retreat, you HAVE to fight a single round of battle, unless the retreat is via Action card or Other ability. In any case, if you are the faction left standing at the end of the combat, you are the winner (67.10 of the rules reference).

2) I do not know the textof the Law in question; it strongly depends on the wording. If the objective "an be scored like a public objective by other Players", this would suggest itstill Counts against the Limitation. If, however, the wording is "This Secret Objective Counts as a public objective from now on", than I would suggest it does not Count.

I remember that law from my last game, though, an
d I quite strongly beliefe the first variant is the correct one.

After checking my copy of thegame, if the law you are referring to is called "Classified Document Leaks", then the wording is as such:

"The elected secret objective becomes a public objective. Place it near the other public objectives..."

So it does no longer Count against the Limit of secret objectives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agone07 wrote:
- if you activate a system in which there is an enemy ship, you go in that system, combat begins and the opponent immediately retreat... do you win the combat?

Since you said "Immediately", I'm assuming you mean they retreated via a Skilled Retreat Action Card or the Naalu Foresight ability. Both of those explicitly state a combat does not occur (Naalu) or that it ends in a Draw (skilled retreat), so in neither case do you "Win" the combat for effects that care about winning.

However, if it was not one of those abilities, and the opponent declared a retreat first round (and everyone rolled the first round fire as is the normal minimum), then the surviving units retreated, you do indeed win the combat.

Agone07 wrote:
can you get a new secret objective cards as this one became a public objective?

Current understanding is yes, you could now get a new secret objective. But note that you cannot score your old secret objective (that is now public) again, as it already has your control marker on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badoux Jerome
Switzerland
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Where does it says with the Naalu that the combat do not occur?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agone07 wrote:
The ability happens strictly after ships move into the system. Thus, the combat step has not begun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W G
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
I‘m not really a sentient polar bear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Agone07 wrote:

The Naalu ability "Foresight" triggers after the movement of the opposing player, before the "space combat" step (see the quick reference sheet). Memorising those steps is quite important in the game, since different abilities trigger at different steps. Just follow the reference sheet step by step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badoux Jerome
Switzerland
flag msg tools
designer
mb
right... thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.