Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When can a hero try to complete an objective? Does just being in a location with an objective token allow that hero to try to complete it on his action. Can someone point me in the rules where this is discussed. I just can't find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card will list the required action the hero needs to take to try to complete the objective. It's in the middle of the card in the white band. A typical one might say "Quest." So you have to be in a space with an objective token and play a Quest card (you do not have to actually do a quest, you could instead do the alternative option, such as gain a resource). Then you have to succeed at the skill test shown at the right of the card, and pay the resource cost to remove the objective token from the map.

It's on page 9 under Objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll use the yellow "Spreading Fear" objective as an example.

In the white box on the card is this statement:

Encounter: After resolving this action card, test Cunning:8.
For each Ally the heroes exhaust, reduce this skill test by 1.

So to attempt to claim a yellow objective token, you must finish up a hero's "Encounter" action card on a location that has a yellow objective token on it.

After you've worked your way completely through the hero's Encounter card's effects and if you are still on the objective location (because some encounters or other effects might have moved you off your location), you trigger the difficulty 8 Cunning skill test referenced in the white section.

If you pass that test, then you remove the objective token and are one step closer to victory.

NOTE: Different objectives require different actions be taken to trigger the skill test. I missed that on my first play through. I thought they were all triggered by the Quest action

Edit: Ninja'd ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But your sword play was much better. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game had them all being Battle actions. Took me half the game to realize I had to play that instead of a Quest action. Then the next game, I had to keep checking over and over again to remember which action was needed for which color because they were all different.

It's all starting to sink in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kerskine wrote:
My first game had them all being Battle actions. Took me half the game to realize I had to play that instead of a Quest action. Then the next game, I had to keep checking over and over again to remember which action was needed for which color because they were all different.

It's all starting to sink in.

There is a lot of fiddliness like that, but I think in the end it's to ensure massive replayability so that no two games will ever play out the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G√ľnther
Germany
Blieskastel
Saarland
flag msg tools
FFFFFF
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jomurph86 wrote:
If you pass that test, then you remove the objective token and are one step closer to victory.

Just to be clear - if you pass that test, then you remove the objective token AND pay the cost of 3 Influence and 2 Hope and are one step closer to victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.