8 Posts

Dragonfire» Forums » General

Subject: Card Count? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Re
msg tools
Hey, friends!

Looking to pick this game up soon, and I would like to sleeve it as well. I've tried looking online and can't seem to find a number, so perhaps those that have the game could help me out. How many sleeves do I need to buy to sleeve the vanilla game (without expansions).

Thanks so much for your help and time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
For everything, you'll need about six hundred. I think my card count is at 547 with the promo items pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Re
msg tools
Thanks, brother!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
Just fyi, this includes about 57 extra cards you may not be able to get. I was able to buy the Hidden Treasures promo pack after also getting five promo cards from purchasing Dragonfire at retail. Should put the actual retail amount at just under 500.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game has 308 cards to sleeve.
106 - Encounters
24 - Dragonfire cards
124 - Market (including basic)
54 - Magic Items

If you want a full card list see the file I created (also lists features and character sheets - would not use sleeves):
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/150942/dragonfire-card-st...

It would be really easy to draw the line at 300. Some have said that they don't sleeve the magic items while shuffling and drawing. Then once they are obtained you sleeve them so they are the same as the cards in your deck. I could see this working and almost guarantee that there will be 8 cards that stay in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
Nachofan wrote:
The base game has 308 cards to sleeve.
106 - Encounters
24 - Dragonfire cards
124 - Market (including basic)
54 - Magic Items

If you want a full card list see the file I created (also lists features and character sheets - would not use sleeves):
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/150942/dragonfire-card-st...

It would be really easy to draw the line at 300. Some have said that they don't sleeve the magic items while shuffling and drawing. Then once they are obtained you sleeve them so they are the same as the cards in your deck. I could see this working and almost guarantee that there will be 8 cards that stay in the box.

Just as an aside, I know there are some inconsistencies in the card numbers from what's printed on the box (there's some info in other threads). If these numbers are just based on that then it'll be off a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are based on the file that I've uploaded... which is based on the individually indexed cards which I typed into Excel. The only reason they'd be off is if you ended up missing a card or ended up getting a second copy of any cards (which has happened in the gaming industry - production lines aren't perfect).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Beeman
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Houston, TX
badge
Little Light
mbmbmbmbmb
Nachofan wrote:
They are based on the file that I've uploaded... which is based on the individually indexed cards which I typed into Excel. The only reason they'd be off is if you ended up missing a card or ended up getting a second copy of any cards (which has happened in the gaming industry - production lines aren't perfect).

Well then you've done your due diligence!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.