Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drinky Drinky
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking specifically at the artifacts Chimera's Fire versus Aegis.

The question is what is the end result if a current turn hero moves into an area with 1 "enemy" hoplite?

1) If there is no order of operation, then Aegis will cause a net of 0 hoplites killed, current turn hero moves in uses Chimera's fire, and the enemy artifact Aegis then protects the lone area "enemy" hoplite.

-OR-

2) Does Aegis not take effect as it is not the enemy hero's turn to use an artifact and cannot use Aegis to defend? The current hero turn moves into the area using Chimera fire, and killing the lone "enemy" hoplite, because it is technically not combat nor artifact phase.

My guess is the first option, but I can just as easily see the argument of the 2nd option.

Thank you!!
Krech

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmbmb
Artifacts like Aegis are used outside normal turn order. Otherwise they would not work at all. "Proper" artifact useage is a Regular Action, which would be on your own turn only, but would also be only outside of combat
The only restriction is that your hoplites have to be part of the battle. No saving the green from the reds so you can march in with your yellows
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gregory rivera
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
100 + Scythe Victories Club-Founding Member
mbmbmbmbmb
So does this mean I can use Aegis to respond to Hero's Wrath?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Misztal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. Some artifacts (ex. Apollo's Arrow, Aegis, Harpe) have the specific time/situation when they can be used described on their cards, and they can be used only then. Other artifacts (ex. Chimera's Fire, Ambrosia, Owl of Athena) have no such description, and they can be used as a part of Use Artifact regular action only.

So Aegis can be used in EVERY situation when Hoplites of it's owner are to die - no matter who is active player at the moment, or if it's caused by an artifact like Chimera's Fire, blessings like Hero's Wrath, a monster attack, casuality symbols on combat cards played etc.

Chimera's Fire, from the other hand, can be used during its owner's turn only, as a part of Use Artifact regular action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.