Hide
2 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 83 question [WARNING - HEAVY SPOILERS FOR THE SCENARIO] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Rosen
msg tools
We're just in the final battle of scenario 83, probably about to defeat the two flame demons.

However, before the demons appeared, we had the opportunity to use the Cragheart's ability to attack and push one of the cultists, with the extra "bonus" (according to the card) of pushed enemies destroying an obstacle for extra damage and xp.

The question was - could we use this ability to push the cultist into the stone altar, which is marked in green, meaning it is an obstacle. If yes - according to the cragheart's ability - doing so would destroy the altar.

If true - we wondered if that would prevent the rest of the scenario unfolding, as the text appears to link the arrival of the demons and the flames to the ritual related to the altar.....

We finally decided to house rule the situation so that pushing the cultist into the altar would not impact the rest of the scenario.

Any thoughts if we did right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
I ruled that breaking the altar stopped the damage/heal effect - nothing could be within X spaces of it when it's not on the board - but the "summon" still continued once the cultists were dead.

That was probably too generous, but I was also playing on the low end of a new difficulty level with the solo bump. (I might not be brave or deserved, but I'm alive.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.