Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Port Royal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you choose not to trade or purchase a card as the active player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Arbo
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the active player can you choose to not trade or hire and thus not take card? For example, I there are 4 cards drawn and none that i want. I want to prevent the next player from using the Admiral so can i pass?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep drawing til you go bust. Then no one gets anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you’ve the character who gives you a coin when you have nothing to take. I forget the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
Unless you’ve the character who gives you a coin when you have nothing to take. I forget the name.

The Jester.

To answer the OP: I don't believe you're forced to take a card. The rules aren't as explicit on this as they might be; they say you "will be able to take 1-3 cards" and then talk about what the other players do after you take a card or cards.

They don't clearly specify that taking a card is optional. But they do say you must draw one card but can stop any time after that. So obviously, if you stop when there are no cards you can take, you won't take any! So my interpretation is that taking a card is optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Mark L, and I think I also already have read an official confirmation of that, though can't find it now.

However, I think, that's a loosing turn. You should go for four or five ships under these condition most of the times. Deliberately wasting your turn just to not feed an Admiral would normally benefit the Admiral player (and potentially other players) more then yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.