Raiders of the North Sea» Forums » General

Subject: Combined Rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan McGechaen
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering, is anyone working on a combined rulebook for the base game + expansions? I got the one for BSG a few years ago and I'm now a fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not something I’ve really thought about, to be honest. Unsure of how much demand there would be for one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
shem84 wrote:
Unsure of how much demand there would be for one.

I'm precisely the sort of person that usually asks this question, thinking it would be a good idea — and I agree: I don't see the need for that in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading both expansion rulebooks, I realised that it would be somewhat of a challenge to keep all the rules in all players heads at one time (at least until we're familiar). I came here to see if anyone else had made up a rules summary or player aid file, and when I saw that no-one had, I considered doing so myself.

However, now I think I'm just going to put together a quick player aid with iconography and a brief "on your turn" guide, but it wouldn't be a full combined rulebook. I think the player aid cards that come with the expansions are good for setup and end of game, but I reckon a quick reminder of the iconography (similar to Page 3 of the main game rule book, but with other stuff added) plus a reminder of how Raiding, Quests/Reputation and Jarls work on a single page could be useful for players. Given that both expansions modify the Raid action a little, it may be handy.

It might take me a little while to put this together, but I'll share it here when I'm done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First version has been uploaded, it should appear in the Files section soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I was thinking when I was putting everything in the Collectors box. It would be cool to have one rulebook as I will never play this game with out everything from all expansions.

However I am just very happy to have more goodness for this game and really looking forward to teaching the whole collection to my game group tonight.

Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.