Subject: Second game...apologies...last one rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So i introduced my other son to this gamt oday, he has Autism but is vert functional and can often be prone to AP.

I had him play London with me a few weeks agao and he loved it, so after my first play, i figured he should give this a go.....

Yeah, he absolutely loved it, 2 of us had played it before, he hadn't, so we all decided to use the basic start coprs, and then we were off.

It was a pretty quick game considering, it took us about 2 hours to play, and at no point did AP kick in as we all were pretty getting pretty crappy cards(until near the end....)

I ended up with an absolute ton of Megacredits, and had no cards to pump them into, so decided to start on the projects, which quickly made the other players think about what they were doing, i started planting a bunch of green down and putting more effort into the awards and it ended up pretty close(i won though )

Just a fantastic game, we still havent played with the proper corps yet as each time we have played has been with new players, but next time it will get a bit serious i imagine, and i have an expansion pack that came with my base game and we havent even looked at those cards yet.

The only thing none of us has even touched on yet, is the livestock/microbes(correct me if im wrong with that) part of the game, we all just tend to go for everything else.

This game seems to have legs, and with each card being unique i can see this lasting a long time.

NB: Rather than looking at expansions, i'm actually looking at upgrading components instead, if anyone has any reputable UK component upgrade people, post or PM me

I'm 15 months into boardgaming, and this is an amazing game that just makes you go....I NEED MORE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my boys is on the Autism Spectrum and usually does good. What I have found is that I need to be careful in introducing too many new rules too quickly.
In Terraforming Mars we did like you and started with Beginner Corps. Now that he understands the basic mechanics he can play the regular. We all take an extra moment before we start to look at the corps and try to see what basic strategy they might use. As we are usually family players this is all done with good spirit and no holding back information.
Terraforming Mars is one of his favorite games and he has proven quite the Terraformer. We just need to take a few moments extra to help him stay on the same level of understanding as the rest of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace base
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really confused about the title, you played it but like it, but that was the last time you are playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dragon0085 wrote:
I am really confused about the title, you played it but like it, but that was the last time you are playing?

Nope...

I posted a First Game thread....https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1910653/first-game-todaymy-...

This was a follow up, i will refrain from posting a thread each time i play cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Brown
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My (not so) little brother is a high-functioning Autistic as well. He enjoys it too and does pretty well. I guess it may depend on the Autistic person, seeing as they seem prone to specialization, but most of the people with Autism I’ve met enjoy Systems. T liked Mansions of madness, but kind of just went along with the group; however he killed me at Scythe as well. The engine-building seems like something he’s particularly good at, and that makes this game all the more special to me.

It’s good to see other folks connecting with Autistic loved ones over turning the red planet green!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:
The only thing none of us has even touched on yet, is the livestock/microbes(correct me if im wrong with that) part of the game, we all just tend to go for everything else.

Well even from a standpoint of ideal scoring / "playing to win", you don't have to. Depending on when you get such cards, and how high the global parameters are at that time, cards that deal with animals, microbes, or other special resources, can be super worthwhile - or they can be kinda meh, and you're better off focusing on other stuff instead. And in your next game, things can look totally different.

Quote:
I'm 15 months into boardgaming, and this is an amazing game that just makes you go....I NEED MORE

Man, I wish I'd gotten my hands on quality-design games like TM this soon in my boardgames "career"... when I started out, Risk, the Game of Life, and Hotel Tycoon were still hot stuff. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Snapshot wrote:
Kingtreelo wrote:

Well even from a standpoint of ideal scoring / "playing to win", you don't have to. Depending on when you get such cards, and how high the global parameters are at that time, cards that deal with animals, microbes, or other special resources, can be super worthwhile - or they can be kinda meh, and you're better off focusing on other stuff instead. And in your next game, things can look totally different.

Quote:

Man, I wish I'd gotten my hands on quality-design games like TM this soon in my boardgames "career"... when I started out, Risk, the Game of Life, and Hotel Tycoon were still hot stuff. shake

Yeah, i hear you.

I have Pandemic Legacy, TIME Stories, Terraforming Mars and a bunch of other games that are just amazing.

15 months ago i was a video gamer....not anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.