Subject: Fantasy Name Mashup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Anselmo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting our first game of Gloomhaven tonight and trying to establish names before we start. We started mashing up fantasy character names/places with famous people. Been having fun all day with this so I thought I'd share and see what everyone else had to offer. Try to convince me to go with something other than Bronnald Reagan!

Here is the list we came up with:

Bruce Gimlee
Sarah Balin
Jojen Stalin
Nelson Myrcella
Barristan Ford
Alliser Franken
Bronnald Reagan
Aaron Butterburr
Ho Chi Minotaur
Ser Davos Duke
Jaqen Nicholson
Varys Grant
Stark Gable
Bronn Connery
Rodrik De Niro
Benjenmin Franklin
Mance Armstrong
Samwell Jackson
Joan of Stark
Greatjohn F Kennedy
Genghis Greatjohn
Rickard Nixon
Brienne Coultor
Bernie Sandor Clegane
Clint Eastwatch
Bilbo Reilly
Frodo Corleone
EB White Walker
M Night King Shamalan
Niels Bohromir
Gandolph Lundgren
Joffrey Sessions
Ajit Hot Pai
Maester Luwindowski
Bernie Sandors Clegane
Elrond Hubbard
Three Eyed Raven Simone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I humbly suggest that there is more to the fantasy genre than Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings...

On that note I offer you these, and 5 geekgold to the first person to decode the source(s) and links between each part of the names (yes 5GG per name). Yes, I'm subverting this into a puzzle for my own amusement. whistle

Sir Walter Rhialto the Marvellous

Richard Nixon-Rahl

Frank Dune Sherbert

Dorian "Grey" Atreides

Disneyland Florida Gardiner

McDonald Weasley

Lord "Undertale" Asriel

Sherry "I'm now featured in Nethack" Hatchett

Tenacious Ildefonse

Jadis and Silent Bob Strike Back

I am the sole arbiter of what constitutes the full source and link (if any) - don't like it then don't play. Only one reward per person! Don't post multiple answers! Post your answer as a reply and if I don't give you your GG in a few days then PM me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Anselmo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough but I wouldn't say Dune would fall on the side of fantasy over sci fi...

I'll give you the following from my childhood reading of Dragonlance:

Raistlin Jenner
David Tasslehoff
Larry Flint Fireforge

And from the epic movie Willow(also from childhood and probably not as good as I remember it):

Sorsha Baron Cohen
Alec High Aldwin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5hrike wrote:

McDonald Weasley

Are we looking for what the two pieces of the name have in common?

Ronald McDonald (McDonalds mascot) and Ronald "Ron" Weasley (from Harry Potter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly in the same vein as your suggestions, but I'm a huge fan of Wyler's fantasy name generator:

http://www.mwyler.com/fng/

You can mash together common Welsh male name prefixes with common Japanese female name suffixes, etc., etc. It's a fun tool. I haven't tried using it yet for Gloomhaven, but I may be retiring soon, so perhaps I'll have to find the right formula for my next class and find a name that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Anselmo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would go with something from a generator but my group tends towards the ridiculous. The first suggestion was "Big League Chewbacca". I thought I could at least sway them towards something fantasy related so I didn't have to suffer through hours of calling a mutant rat "Chewbacca". Thanks for the suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.