Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 2» Forums » General

Subject: City Cards question. Mild spoilers up till Feb rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Chaffer
msg tools
We have played up till Feb and now have search cards for some new cities. But not every new city has a regular city card and a search card. For example Los Angeles and Mexico City have search cards but no regular city cards. Is this right. And if so, why the disparity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished the game ... noticed that some cities didn't have search cards, but didn't think much of it. Looking back on it, I can see why, but it could be a spoiler to say.

Keep playing ... no issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Some cities do, some cities don't. All of them count as City cards for the purpose of things like building Supply Centers or Recon.

The only real difference is that Search cards let you Search and the non-Search cards let you put upgrades on them like Foundations or Infrastructure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Chaffer
msg tools
Ok, thanks. So as it stands I wouldn't be able to put an upgrade on LA or MC as they are 'just' search cards, not regular city cards. Hmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the number of cards that are added is dependent on the starting population of the city, at least as far as I know from doing the (first?) recons for North America and South America.

Also, I believe every city has a search action (so far). So if a city has one population, the only card for that city will have the search action. If it has two population, there will be a search card and a second non-search card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense from a flavour perspective to have a search in every city (except the starting cities) because they're (as far as you're concerned) newly discovered territory. Notice also that the new ports have 2 searches (land and sea) on their one searchable card. It also makes sense that that will be a pattern.

It's possible that there will be flavour reasons why you don't want to/can't search newly discovered cities later in the campaign - in which case it seems reasonable to guess that they'll just have their regular city cards, unless there is a new mechanic associated with them.

Either way, the pattern presented by North America is that there's one search card for each city, and enough regular city cards to give them one card per population (and the same number of infection cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.