Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 2» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shelter Provides protection from Plague or only men? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pam Welty
msg tools
Does a shelter provide protection from plague cubes or only men?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pamwelty wrote:

Your post has spoilers. Please change the title to "Spoilers for [month]" and don't mention the shelters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aimee Wood
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule says that characters in/leaving a city with a shelter cannot get exposed. And cities with one don't lose population, either at end of game or from a 4th Hollow Man. So that sounds to me like it protects from both plague cubes and Hollow Men.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stamp
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also protects characters against infested cities (rats)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian N
msg tools
mbmb
pamwelty wrote:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
As I read it, it basically neutralises the presence of all rats, plague cubes and Hollow Men in the City for almost all purposes (at the point in the campaign that it's introduced, anyway). The only two exceptions I can see are advancing the Incidents track, and Outbreaks resulting from placing a fourth plague cube - both of which seem unaffected,

(As others have said - could you de-spoiler your title, please? I actually blundered into this thread yesterday, before I'd played the game in question, because it wasn't marked. Fortunately I realised before I got very far in that I shouldn't be reading it, and I was pretty tired anyway at the time, so by time we got to it in game today I'd managed to forget such as I'd read. But I would have preferred not to have to.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian N
msg tools
mbmb
SnowyShasta wrote:
And cities with one don't lose population... ...at end of game...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I found that, on its own, ambiguous - do they simply stop cities losing population, or can populations actively go up if there's also a Supply Centre in the City? It's easy to read it the first way, which is what we did at first - but following the changed End of Game rules makes it clear that it's the latter. We almost missed out on a population increase we'd earned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.