Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Middara» Forums » General

Subject: Extra purchases... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trond Roaas
Norway
Kongsberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Late backed Middara earlier in the week - just heard about it, thought FOMOYOLO and became a backer. Then I saw the Lore video, and got very glad I pulled the trigger.

But - there are optional buys. As far as I can tell, we get just about every optional buy included in the main pledge already.
The only "extras", as far as I can see, are:
- the art book
- neoprene card mats
- hand crafted dice

Is there a big point in buying any of the other optionals, since they already are included in the pledge? (Extra miniatures, in case you get more monsters than you have miniatures for?)


Side note: As a late pledger, I get the same stuff as kickstarter backers, right?


Looking forward to a great game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trondster wrote:
Is there a big point in buying any of the other optionals, since they already are included in the pledge? (Extra miniatures, in case you get more monsters than you have miniatures for?)

No, I don't think there's any (gameplay) use for the additional miniatures. The limitation for the max number of monsters is determined by the monster cards. Those assign a color/number/name to each individual monster. Extra miniatures won't add extra designations to distinguish the extra monsters.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Roaas
Norway
Kongsberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If so, it could perhaps be an extra set of summons?

To me, the optional buys that already are included in the pledge only seem to make sense if the game goes to retail, as all pledgers have them already...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bram Kok
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trondster wrote:
If so, it could perhaps be an extra set of summons?
Don't forget we already get 2 sets of those, so I think we'll be fine. Worst case you use the standees that are (still) included in the main game (although I think the "monster card" limitation also applies here).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Side note: As a late pledger, I get the same stuff as kickstarter backers, right?


Correct, you have access to exact same stuff and same prices. The extras already included in the pledge are not required for the game - they're for people who want additional supplies to replace lost/broken materials and miniature painters who want more than 1 crack at paining some of the miniatures ( and there are those who like selling stuff on eBay ). I think you list the items not included in the basic pledge correctly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Saricov
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, you will get everything original backers got, don't worry.

I would seriousely reccomand getting the card mats, they really help orgenize the game and are a steal for 20$ for 4 mats.

I got a set of dice becouse I think it will be easier for 2 people to share dice set than 4
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Phan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing that I think MIGHT require extra than what is included are the summons. The base pledge comes with two miniatures. There are two of each skill, so that two people will be able to summon the summon and there would be enough, but I remember reading that some monsters can summon as well. If that were to happen and the players also summoned the same monsters, you might have need more. The core game also has 2 standees of each summon so you can use those though.

Please note, that I haven't played this game or anything so I might not be accurate. Even if I am right, this might be a rare occurrence and if you're fine with using standees if the need ever arises, this won't be a problem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Moll
United States
Wildomar
California
flag msg tools
Just came across this yesterday as the game was mentioned in another thread, Gloomhaven or KDM. Was an instant back for me. I picked up the extra dice and the 4 play mats. Really enjoy the play mats from Too Many Bones. I think the extra dice are worth while. After playing Sword and Sorcery and other custom dice games, extra dice are nice to have around the table.

Not sure if I needed more summons or not. Doubt it will be an issue.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phan wrote:
The only thing that I think MIGHT require extra than what is included are the summons. The base pledge comes with two miniatures. There are two of each skill, so that two people will be able to summon the summon and there would be enough, but I remember reading that some monsters can summon as well. If that were to happen and the players also summoned the same monsters, you might have need more. The core game also has 2 standees of each summon so you can use those though.

Please note, that I haven't played this game or anything so I might not be accurate. Even if I am right, this might be a rare occurrence and if you're fine with using standees if the need ever arises, this won't be a problem.

There are only 2 of each level 1 Discipline and Summoning is a level 2 Discipline. The amount of Esper miniatures coming in the promo box will cover all current encounters in the game. The extra add-ons of stuff already included in the promo box are for people who want more models to paint or want to create their own content.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.