Subject: All-time Franchise Rosters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not sure what the interest level would be but building 25 man rosters for each franchise made up of all-time players from 1901 to present day. I’m not that far yet - going alphabetically by team nickname and halfway thru Braves now. It’s time consuming and it’s not easy to pick 25 only and make sure there are backups at each position and so on. Trying to pick the “best” players but also guys who represent the franchise. (So not putting Clemens on the blue jays roster for example).

Anyway. Thought it’d be fun. I’ll share when finished.

Think I’ll make some Negro League all-stars as well....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just finished the giants position players (still working on pitchers) and outfield of Ott, Mays and Bonds is gonna be tough for opposing pitchers to deal with.....

This has been a pretty fun exercise so far. Excited to finish th se all up and play some games with the resulting rosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
This has been submitted as an upload...not sure how long the delay is before it appears...hopefully not too long.

I also sent to WM and I believe he is going to put it up at his Facebook page and elsewhere.....

I played one game so far - Giants v Indians...it was a fun 10 inning game with Manny hitting a walk-off 2 run HR to win it.

NEXT PROJECT - Negro Leagues......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
QUICK NOTICE: The file is up....would love to hear about you guys using if you get the chance. Or debate omissions from teams, etc....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bronson
United States
Southampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for sharing this! This is a fantastic addition and will be a blast to have available to use. Appreciate the time and effort you put in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
Curious if anyone's used these rosters at all? I have used them a few times and have enjoyed the games but anyone else? Any requests for certain players I could supplement the roster with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Wessel
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
New to the game, so I'll give them a shot! Really nice work on these!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ellis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmb
cewessel wrote:
New to the game, so I'll give them a shot! Really nice work on these!

I had fun with it. I'm a nerd.

HOpe you enjoy them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.