Nick Hayes
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve been thinking lately about the possibility of new expansions that could be possibly released by Games Workshop. Personally, I would love to see more mythical creatures as playable characters, such as a Centaur, Satyr, and a Giant. What new playable characters would you like to see enter the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Harzer
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
"That German Bloke"
mbmbmbmbmb
timescape. stupidly i sold it decades ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Roberts
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beejer2000 wrote:

Close the thread as this is the correct answer! I'm guessing there may be a 40K type expansion - get that gateway opened!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cagedbee wrote:
Beejer2000 wrote:

Close the thread as this is the correct answer! I'm guessing there may be a 40K type expansion - get that gateway opened!

And I am now going to look up Timescape as I have no idea what it is, lol. Was this an old edition expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcin marcinek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cagedbee wrote:
Beejer2000 wrote:

There could be - for Talisman or for Relic.

I wanna see some of the missing characters from the 2nd edition, like Satyr, Centaur, Inquisitor, and master characters. New monstrous characters (in the like of the minotaur or the mutant) would also be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Szatany wrote:
cagedbee wrote:
Beejer2000 wrote:

There could be - for Talisman or for Relic.

I wanna see some of the missing characters from the 2nd edition, like Satyr, Centaur, Inquisitor, and master characters. New monstrous characters (in the like of the minotaur or the mutant) would also be great.

After looking up Timescape, Relic is what immediately came to mind. I haven’t played Relic but would be happy to try it, though I doubt it would top Talisman for me.

Glad to hear that Satyr and Centaur were in older editions. That gives me hope that we will see them again.

I would love to see an underground dwarven based expansion.

Perhaps some dark versions of current characters, with some tweaked abilities could be fun. Like a dark dwarf, dark elf, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Burden
United States
Streator
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love it if GW released Resin mini's of the main characters like those available in 3rd edition to be bought separately. I would like to buy them all at the same time in one large package or as sets of ten, but please don't' make us buy them one at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the most part I don't want more expansions - the game is kind of bloated as is.

That said we are sadly missing:

-Pirate
-Ninja
-Ranger
-Barbarian

Instead we get clunky "bookkeeping" characters like Ancient Oak and Spider Queen.

I would welcome a "booster" expansion with only characters. Maybe they could print the characters from the online game and/or Mephisto(and give us matching minis).

But please no more stacks of adventure cards!

Beejer2000 wrote:

This is the one expansion I really do hope they make. And it's a board that wouldn't need to fit over another board (it need not be connected).

Also, IMO Timescape is the only reason to want to play second edition. With an 4th ed Timescape, 2nd ed will finally be 100% obsolete. Just a personal opinion - I realise other people like 2nd for other reasons, and that's cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, a characters only expansion would be excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Hearn
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halborn wrote:
I agree, a characters only expansion would be excellent!

It occurs to me we don't even need a boxed expansion for this. They can simply sell Citadel miniatures that correspond to characters with downloadable character cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.