Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Glazier
United States
Brentwood (not the OJ one)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first couple games solo, with the characters in a straight line as such:

1 2 3 4

The rules say to place them in a circular layout, as such:

2 4

Now, for cards where each player passes to the left or right, each layout will result in different results.

In a straight line, passing to the right will result in player 4 passing to player 3, player 3 passing to 2, 2 to 1, and 1 to 4.

In a circular layout, passing to the right will result in player 4 passing to 1, player 3 passing to 4, 2 to 3, and 1 to 2.

Does it matter for this game, if I use a straight line layout vs. the circular layout?

Does this passing of cards really need to be as intended in the circular layout, for the game to work and be balanced?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wish that “passing to the right” means passing to the right of the line disposition, you should arrange the players as
4 3 2 1
And play them in order from 1 to 4.

In this case passing to the right means going towards the right end of the line and vice vers with passing to the left.

But if you follow the rules it’s easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. My circular layout illustration got messed up, but I think you get the idea. It's the way the rules want you to lay out the characters.

Thank you for your insight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alpha beta
msg tools
jglazier wrote:
Thank you. My circular layout illustration got messed up, but I think you get the idea. It's the way the rules want you to lay out the characters.

Thank you for your insight!

A bit off-topic: You can use the code environment ({c}{\c} in square brackets) so that your format is being kept, like here:

2 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glazier
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thank you charrm! Very useful tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.