6 Posts

Gaia Project» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification for using Q.I.C. to extend range. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Wendel
Sweden
flag msg tools
This might be quite an obvious answer for a question regarding Q.I.C, but I want someone to confirm that I have understood everything correctly.

If i´m at the first space in the navigation track, my base navigation value is 1, right? Then when building a mine and spending a Q.I.C it extends my range with 2....meaning my total navigation value is 3 that turn....meaning I can skip 2 empty spaces, right?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not for a turn, it's for a single building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reddish22
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While building that single mine, yes you have it correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Skip up to 2 spaces for that build. Empty or otherwise doesn't matter.

Same rules regarding distance when placing a gaiaformer, the lost planet, or (for the Ivits) a space station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it doesn’t need to be empty in between though. There can be planets, satellites and buildings in the way, doesn’t matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
The '+' indeed adds the following value to the range you have from Navigation.

So if you're still on Navigation level 0 (range 1), using a QIC gives you a temporary range 3 (= 1 + 2) for the ongoing action.

Same with the 'range +3' round booster: when your action is to use this booster, and you decide to use two QICs as well (which would be a bad idea 99.9% of the time ), your range becomes 8. 1 from Navigation, +4 (twice +2) from the two QICs, +3 from the booster. Zipping across the galaxy never was easier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.