Orléans: Trade & Intrigue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order of operations for Brasserie and setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seth Tepfer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Is Brasserie populated with two cheese and two wine at start of game or only when purchased? And if at start of game, then do you take those two cheese and two wine out prior to setup? EG, after loading up Brasserie, then you put the goods on the trade beneficial deeds board, then you take out 12 goods for a two player game, then you put the goods on the map, then you sort out the goods for supply?

Thanks
Seth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I always read the rules wording "Immediately place 2 cheese and 2 wine on the Brasserie tile (or less if the supply doesnot have enough)" to mean you put it on there when you buy it. Because it may not be bought so there's no point in taking four resources out of every game. As such, it doesn't affect setup and you just take them from the supply as stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Tepfer
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
That's what I thought. However, that does have interesting strategy implications to suddenly take out two cheese and two wine from supply at a random moment of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
labst wrote:
That's what I thought. However, that does have interesting strategy implications to suddenly take out two cheese and two wine from supply at a random moment of the game.

It does. But to get the most potential use out of your Brasserie, you probably want to buy it as early as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.