Popular Tags: [View All]
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So I was just about to spray my new copy of Lanterns with some Krylon Matte Finish to protect the tiles... and I noticed I had two copies of the starting tile. Ooops.

So maybe I have one punchboard twice, and am missing another (I still only have 36 tiles, it's just that 2 of them are the grey-backed starting tile).

I wanted to determine exactly which tiles were duplicated, and, more importantly which ones were missing - so does anyone have a list of what the full set of tile combinations are?

I do also have an older, more battered copy of the original KS version of the game, but putting out the tiles side by side, I've actually noticed there's been one or two changes made - i.e. there's tiles in the new Renegade version that don't exist in my original KS version - so a list of the tile colour combination for both will definitely help.

Regardless, I'll contact Renegade for a replacement punchboard, it's just a matter of working out which one it was...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: I worked out which one was missing by looking at the Dedication tiles and comparing it to my old version - so that's at least sorted
(It was the punchboard with Red/4-of-a-kind tiles of value 4, 5, 5, 5, 6 that was missing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve alancourt
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
we weren't sure if we'd lost a tile. You say it's a total of 36, that includes the starting "boat" tile? The rule book says 36 "river" tiles and mentions separately 1 "boat" tile which leads us to believe there should be 37. We found it odd that the 4th player does not get the same number of turns. So is our game complete?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Hoyt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@steve, You should have 1 starting tile and 35 additional tiles. Be sure to check Step 3 of the setup instructions. In a 4-player game, you'll only use 32 tiles; everyone will get to place 8 tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested, I went through both my versions (once Renegade had quickly sent out a replacement punchboard, thanks!) and put together this file comparing the tiles:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/160032/list-lantern-tiles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.