Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I must admit I've tried this game a couple of times and I have gotten some rules wrong, I don't know what it is about the game I fail to get my head around, however the question I have presently is relating to governance and alignment.

So,

A War of Ideas shifts target country from Neutral to Ally, then starts to improve the Governance.

US cards like Sistani, will never change the alignment status, but can change say a Fair to Good governance? So both of these are true.

1) Poor Adversary - can be changed to Fair - Adversary.
2) Good Neutral - Nothing would happen.

Worsening the Governance,

A Minor Jihad - If a country is at Ally, Good will a minor Jihad with three successes change it to Neutral Poor? or will it still be Ally Poor (The 3rd Success is wasted)?

A Major Jihad that starts with Ally Good, can this change to Islamist Rule with 2 Successes (or does it need to be 4 sucesses, i.e would need a minor Jihad 1st?)

If it is Fair Good, And Major Jihad gets 3 successes, will this slip straight to Islamist Rule?

Cards like Kurdistan, do these change Alignment so a Poor Ally goes to neutral? Or does it just sit at Poor Ally?

I think that is it for the moment.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Plant
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A Minor Jihad - If a country is at Ally, Good will a minor Jihad with three successes change it to Neutral Poor? or will it still be Ally Poor (The 3rd Success is wasted)?

The most a minor jihad can do is worsen govt to poor. So in your example, yes ; one of successes is wasted on a three ops card. Alignment is not altered with minor jihad.

Quote:
If it is Fair Good, And Major Jihad gets 3 successes, will this slip straight to Islamist Rule?

A good country, regardless of alignment could be converted to Islamic rule if there was a besieged regemer marker (from a previously failed major jihad or event) on a three ops card rolling 1 - 1 -1.
1 from good to fair
1 from fair to poor.
1 more "success" (besieged regime) for Islamic rule.
Otherwise without the besieged regime it would be impossible.

A fair country would need three successes as well unless a besieged regime marker is present. Only this time a roll of one or two is the target roll here.

One success to go from fair to poor, then two more successful rolls to go to Islamic rule.
If a besieged regime marker was present in the fair country, Only two Successful rolls are required: 1 to go to poor the one more success to Islamic rule.

A country's alignment can be altered by a failed major jihad when three dice are rolled.
Alignment really just affects what the us can do in countries like war of ideas and deployments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that helps though this question was not answered

Cards like Kurdistan, do these change Alignment so a Poor Ally goes to neutral? Or does it just sit at Poor Ally?

I think it stays as Poor Ally, correct?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Governance and Alignment change independently (with the exception of Islamist Rule). If a rule or a card says it affects Governance, don’t touch Alignment; if a rule or a card says if affects Alignment, don’t touch Governance.

Card #107 explicitly tells the Jihadist player to worsen Governance and so you don’t touch Alignment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Plant
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
Thanks, that helps though this question was not answered

I think it stays as Poor Ally, correct?

Thanks.

Sorry. Was in bed and didn't have the game in front of me. :o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@evacbs. Thanks that does make sense.

@JEPlant. Thanks for your reply, no worries your clarifications for all the other points have helped.

:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.