Hide
6 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: Release of fixed cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moonglaive Mogg
msg tools
Just wondering if there is an estimate period of having to wait for all the missing cards, error cards and rules being reprinted and released with the core game or alongside with it.

I don't want to buy a game I can't play without the need for having to fix it myself because a component isn't functioning as intended.
Example:
quote, "Chronicle rulebook, page 4, rule 17: Cross out the words “face down or” from the last line (whenever a player gains an advancement card, it’s a face-up card, not a blind-draw from the deck). This is a typo."

and

Quote, Storehouse: The benefit for using the Storehouse building is listed as 2 VP, but it should be 4 VP. This is a typo on card 68 in the first printing.

Those are pretty significant game changing mistakes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will almost assuredly be a second printing, and those mistakes will be fixed then. (I've seen the new card proofs, they're correct on them) It's just a matter of how quickly the first printing sells through and how much desire there is for the second printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Quinlivan
Australia
West Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I understand where you are coming from but the impact in charterstone is minimal (for the rule/card changes, as for the card missing issue I can't comment how wide an issue this is but I for one haven't been affected by this)

Yes, in a perfect world these issues wouldn't have arisen, but many games have more significant errata and personally I think these are minor issues in the scheme of things. The fact is it's a legacy game and you're going to be writing on things and sticking things over stuff anyway. Even if you weren't aware of these changes, I'd say the impact on the game is fairly minimal anyway.

Just my two cents though, you are of course completely entitled to your opinion, just wanted to provide an alternate view on the impact of the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Moonglaive wrote:

Those are pretty significant game changing mistakes.

Actually they are very minor and almost unnoticeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy McMahon
Australia
Goulburn
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We did not catch the face down cards could not be taken. We hardly ever did, so it had minimal impact, but I like that it was an option for us and I'm not sure why it shouldn't be the rule.

The problem with taking cards from the deck was with
Spoiler (click to reveal)
that obscene persona that lets you take from the top 3 cards, if you don't like the 5 face up!

We hardly used those types of buildings, but we suspected it was a typo from the disparity compared to similar buildings, so we looked it up. But anyone can use the buildings and its effect, even when accidentally nerfed, is not entirely useless so it is hardly a huge deal.

The game would play just fine without those two changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hackman
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremymcmahon wrote:
We did not catch the face down cards could not be taken. We hardly ever did, so it had minimal impact, but I like that it was an option for us and I'm not sure why it shouldn't be the rule.

I may actually allow it in my games. There are times when the pool is stagnant and no one wants to waste a turn to grab anything. The mystery grab may have value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.