Hide
5 Posts

Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Job instruction rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Mc
msg tools
Just looking for some clarification. If you pass your misbehave's and have a skill test, is it necessary to pass the skill test to complete the job? Or is it complete when the pick up/drop off instructions say "get paid". Ie Good Old Fashioned Mail Robbery - is the job complete before you Cover Your Tracks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards in front of me right now, but I believe the job is considered "successful" regardless of the "cover your tracks" result. but failing the "cover your tracks" incures some sort of penalty (less money, or loss of reputation with a different contact, or a crew member being killed or something. whatever it says on the card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes those final skill tests on the job card can have a "warrant issued" result. I believe that in that situation the job would not be considered successful and you would lose the job, just as if it happened during a misbehave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kepler
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tominator7 wrote:
Just looking for some clarification. If you pass your misbehave's and have a skill test, is it necessary to pass the skill test to complete the job? Or is it complete when the pick up/drop off instructions say "get paid". Ie Good Old Fashioned Mail Robbery - is the job complete before you Cover Your Tracks?

Yes it is necessary. The job isn't complete until you have completed all of the items listed on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Without having the cards in front of me, I may be missing something, but I don't think all additional elements are equal.

The job is complete once you are Paid. Thus, the basic description is something like "Misbehave to get Paid." Anything that occurs prior to being paid is part of the job and can result in you losing the job if a Warrant is issued. This includes all those Vault/Code-related options.

On the other hand, I believe Cover Your Tracks occurs AFTER the job is complete. It is a necessary RESULT of the job, not a requirement, so failing to cover your tracks with, say, Badger doesn't have any impact on the job. It just means that you complete the job THEN lose Solid with Badger. I don't think you ever get a Warrant from Covering Your Tracks, so resolution order is somewhat incidental.

On the other hand, if the card says "Cover Your Tracks to Get Paid," I retract my statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.