Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Myth: Dark Frontier» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cutting Off the Head Final Objective Question [solved, mostly] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Frye
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey all,

Anyone had any luck figuring out how the final objective "Cutting Off the Head" is supposed to work? The victory condition says: "If the designated Dungeon areas equal to the players has 1 stability, the players win the game". Nowhere else on the card does it mention how stability would be placed on a Dungeon area and I can't find anything related to that in the rules. I feel like I'm missing something here or the victory condition is just a misprint. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cutting Off the Head Final Objective Question
amaran9th wrote:
Hey all,

Anyone had any luck figuring out how the final objective "Cutting Off the Head" is supposed to work? The victory condition says: "If the designated Dungeon areas equal to the players has 1 stability, the players win the game". Nowhere else on the card does it mention how stability would be placed on a Dungeon area and I can't find anything related to that in the rules. I feel like I'm missing something here or the victory condition is just a misprint. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.


Misprint. Its the victory condition for Standing Against The Shadow final objective.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cutting Off the Head Final Objective Question
You can add [solved, mostly] to the title of this post.

A little bird told me the quest originally required all fate die to be guile side up to trigger victory. Said bird is not sure if that got developed any farther afterwards.

So I'd go with that until we get an official FAQ.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Cutting Off the Head Final Objective Question
jomurph86 wrote:
You can add [solved, mostly] to the title of this post.

A little bird told me the quest originally required all fate die to be guile side up to trigger victory. Said bird is not sure if that got developed any farther afterwards.

So I'd go with that until we get an official FAQ.


Thanks for that. I might just end up pulling this card out for the time being.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Frye
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks Josh, that's kind of what I thought it might be after reading the rest of the card multiple times. Hopefully we get an official FAQ soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
amaran9th wrote:
Thanks Josh, that's kind of what I thought it might be after reading the rest of the card multiple times. Hopefully we get an official FAQ soon.


Yeah after rereading the conditions for the card I can how the victory would be all fate die to be Guile.

It just reads like you need to book it to Farrenroc, sit and successfully encounter the "Thieves' Guild Raid" over and over to spend lots of Influence to swap over fate die to Guile while hoping you don't lose from all that damage from encounter failures (7+ Tactics rolls ouch) and non-Guile dies during the prepare phase. Seems like max structures would really come in handy during this as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I randomly chose "Cutting off the head" as my final objective and was trying to understand this card tonight, before coming to this forum thread. Thank goodness for this discussion.

It makes total sense that Victory is achieved by having all the fate dice turned to "Guile". Very cool thematically, too.

It's a crazy objective card because it forces a ton of damage on the heroes (1 for each fate die that is not guile during the prep phase). Which just kills you and forces Farrenroc to lose 1 stability, and then immediately the hero revives for the next round.

The only issue is that during siege we lost 4 structures during the first round of siege due to having 2 darkness in the fate die pool. And we lost some influence resources during the siege, too. It will be difficult to manage even 1 encounter in Farrenroc when having to pay 3 resources, without any structures, and with no guile in the fate dice pool.

We'll see how it goes, but feels pretty dire!

(I do have some spells that can alter the fate dice pool so we'll see how that goes.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.