Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Legacy card 03-01, drawn at the start of march, has 2 scratch-off boxes.

The instructions at the top say to scratch off the first one if a certain condition is true.

The instructions inside the first scratch box do not mention the second scratch box.

The instructions at the bottom of the card (not hidden) say to destroy this card after resolving it.

If you can't scratch off the second box at the time you get it, and you destroy always destroy the card immediately, what is the second scratch-off box for?

(I suppose it's possible that doing something different in an earlier game could have given me an instruction that anticipates this card, but it still seems pretty weird.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Cole
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
Scratch it and find out. It isn't a spoiler or anything useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this specific instance, it's 100% safe to scratch off the second panel - it won't spoil anything else in the game. You should also be able to work out from what's hidden behind that panel what the condition for scratching it off was.

We've been playing that if there's a scratch-off panel that isn't going to get scratched off before the card is destroyed, we'll scratch it off unofficially so we can see what would have happened. So far, we've not run into any major spoilers, but, strictly speaking, knowing things like what's behind the first scratch off on 03-01 (or the panel on 02-01) is a minor spoiler for where you're supposed to be at this stage of the game, and how the game would catch you up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I find myself rather unnerved to have two people tell me that it isn't a spoiler...in wording that carefully avoids spoiling it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:
I find myself rather unnerved to have two people tell me that it isn't a spoiler...in wording that carefully avoids spoiling it.

There's really nothing to spoil. Just scratch it if you're so inclined. Curiosity got the better of us, so we scratched it, read the short text, laughed, and moved on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Golunski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Antistone wrote:

Don't worry - BGG is not really polluted with as**oles, we just want you to have as much fun with that scratch as we did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Taylor
Scotland
Old Woking
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
There's really nothing to spoil. Just scratch it if you're so inclined. Curiosity got the better of us, so we scratched it, read the short text, laughed, and moved on.
In my 3 playthroughs it has come up every time and we have scratched it off every time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.