Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Headen
United States
Martinsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game tonight and enjoyed it quite a bit. However, I came out with one big rules question which doesn't seem to have an explicit answer in the rulebook: is one allowed to kill a boss even if one can't score that boss (i.e., don't have a matching Vengeance card in play)? I ran into a situation where an Achievement card was encouraging me to clear the den I was attempting even though I couldn't score the boss since I didn't have the relevant Vengeance card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer is very active here, so hopefully he'll confirm, but I'm pretty sure you can kill a boss even if you don't have their card. As you said, you wouldn't score points for the boss, but you could still potentially score the points for clearing the den.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I read it you can always kill the boss, though you can only score him/her if you have a matching card.
(You're not allowed to attack a Den without a matching gang card, or blitz.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G W
Germany
M√ľnster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does not apply for the big bosses though. You have to have the exact big boss card to attack the den. No den points possible if you don't have the big boss card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You can always kill a Boss - and it's sometimes better to kill a Boss to deny him from a player that's hot on your heels points wise, than score one of your own (if they have a declared set of said boss and you have, say, a low level one only to go for).

Yes, some of the achievements encourage such bastardly behaviour .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.