One Deck Dungeon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Placing Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Geek
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I did read the instructions that came with my game, but I'm still confused about the step involving placing dice.

It would appear that in Combat Encounters, you have to use exactly one dice in each box, you cannot combine dice.

But in Peril Encounters, you have to get a large number, so I'm assuming you can combine dice. This is never really explained in the instructions.

For instance, if the Peril has a value of 11, and the Challenge Box of the Dungeon has an armor symbol of 2, and you must roll 3 agility dice, let us say you get 5,5,5.

In this case, you must fill the Challenge Box first, so do you remove the 5 from play, and that means you can only get 10 now total for the remaining Peril Box?

Or do you add up the dice to 15, and just distribute the total into all 3 boxes as you see fit?

Hope this question makes sense.

Thank you for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Small boxes can take one die. The die must match the color of the box and be equal to or higher to the number in the box.

Large boxes can take one or more dice, all added together. They must match in color and the total value must be equal to or higher than the number in the box.

A black die can go in any color box.

In your example, there are two boxes. A small box with a 2 and an armor, and a large box with an 11. The armor box must be filled first, with a 5. Then the other box could be filled, but you don't have 11 worth of dice left to do so.

The encounter is over, and you take damage equal to whatever is showing in the 11 box. Then you take the card as loot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thank you very much!

Also, it says that every time you descend a level, you must fill all challenge boxes from previous levels as well each time you face a peril or combat.

That means that when you reach level 3 of the dungeon, you will have to remove 3 of your dice to cover these boxes before you can try to defeat the number in the peril box itself, is this true?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Fella
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pit of Misery wrote:
Thank you very much!

Also, it says that every time you descend a level, you must fill all challenge boxes from previous levels as well each time you face a peril or combat.

That means that when you reach level 3 of the dungeon, you will have to remove 3 of your dice to cover these boxes before you can try to defeat the number in the peril box itself, is this true?

Well, you do have to fill those boxes but just like on the perils and monsters you only need to fill ones with armor first.

If it helps, just think of them as more boxes to fill. Armor boxes first, whatever else you can fill after.

Just be careful to notice special text on the dungeon level. For example, one dungeon’s third level makes every yellow box an armor box! Bad time to be the Wizard!

Hope that helps. It’s a wonderful game. If you feel like you’re having a hard time and dying a lot, don’t worry it’s not just you! I think that is part of the fun, and the first time you squeak by that tough boss is that much sweeter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks, yes, there are a lot of boxes to check

But it is a good game, I'm enjoying it so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.