Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Roby
United States
Ballston Spa
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished my second game. Both have been intense with horrors right on top of me from the beginning. The first seemed a bit easy but everything just seemed to line up with a quick Narrative and some great draws and did rolls.

The second was a nail biter from the initial set up. Two horrors right next door and a third a short distance away! Thankfully the Narratives fit the Explorer well. Gunslinger with Narratives to hunt down and kill horrors, awesome!

Well, someone should have told the horrors I was supposed to win because they sure made it tough. The Lady in White is one of my favorites. It took 3 tries to take her down. Thankfully the Tide of Rats was pretty easy as I was down to 1 health. The Deranged Explorer was next. Beat him and make it to the House of Skulls to win. Thankfully it was the very next room for me to move into and also where the Deranged Explorer happened to be waiting for me.

Oh, to be able to kill him from one room away. No such luck, into the room I go. Thankfully the room roll was good so nothing bad coming at me. The feeling of impending doom was all around. Could I win? The dice were rolled, the abilities added in; 6 for me 5 for him.

Got the win, but man it was so close! This will certainly see more play!

I only wish I had gotten a copy for my son who lives too far away for us to play together. He would love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Matthew Aurelio
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Rick, awesome write up, THANK YOU! I'm so glad you have enjoyed it, and I look forward to hearing more. This is much closer to our experience. Look out sometimea you will pull a bad match and face a truly uphill climb, lol!

I've got extra copies if you would like, PM me if you are ever interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.