Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that in a 2-player game, one should randomly remove one tile of each type from each era stack. This works fine for Era I and Era II (you will have one extra tile anyway for each), but leaves you one tile short for round 12 in Era III. So the rules should probably be amended to randomly choose one building type to not remove from the Era III stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm...I don't remember that being an issue. Are you sure you have all the tiles?

I might need to dig in my box later to have a look

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew S.
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Era I and Era II have 27 tiles each. Era III has only 24 tiles. This is the correct tile count according to the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes...now I remember, you're right...only three tiles come out in the very last round.

I don't think that's a problem though, and it's probably how it was meant to be played. There are so many tiles out at that point, I don't think there is a problem with being one "short. I think I'd rather be one tile short in the last round than have there be an unequal number of building types.

While I don't think being one tile short will break the game, or is a mistake in the rules. I'm pretty sure adding one extra tile of a random type won't break the game either...so play it however you see fit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.