Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: coup attempts 6.3.2 arithmetic vs. example rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fitz Bushnell

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Newbie question: In determining whether a coup is successful, the deluxe edition rules I've got indicate in 6.3.2 that the modified die roll has to be greater than the doubled stability number. The effect, though, is "equal to the difference between the modified die roll and Stability Number from the target country." Where earlier in the paragraph it called out the doubled stability number, it doesn't in the calculation for how much influence to remove. I initially interpreted that to mean that the difference uses the original stability number. The example below the rule, though, subtracts the doubled stability number from the modified die roll. I figure I'll follow the example's example, but is that correct? The postings I've seen around the same subject seem to use the same arithmetic. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they intended "modified" to apply to both the die roll and the stability number in that quoted sentence. But yes, you have to have more than the doubled stability number to shift influence.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar daros
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look in Files section for .pdf's I created for calculations. You will find 'Realignment tally sheet' & 'Coup tally sheet' each dated 2014-08-05, user name marrae. I hope these help. Enjoy TWS! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.