Keith Yohai
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
I'm sorry, if someone happens to see this and can answer it, forgive me for my lack of research if it's been answered.
Can one use the troll in combination with Friggas succor to, for instance, drop the troll into a province with four figure spots total, but only one open at the time the troll drops. If the troll invades and a warrior is destroyed due to it's ability, can Friggas succor then be triggered allowing the troll player to invade with an extra warrior for free. Or does the spot have to be open for that warrior BEFORE the troll invades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sillyship wrote:
I'm sorry, if someone happens to see this and can answer it, forgive me for my lack of research if it's been answered.
Can one use the troll in combination with Friggas succor to, for instance, drop the troll into a province with four figure spots total, but only one open at the time the troll drops. If the troll invades and a warrior is destroyed due to it's ability, can Friggas succor then be triggered allowing the troll player to invade with an extra warrior for free. Or does the spot have to be open for that warrior BEFORE the troll invades?

That sounds right but I'd have to reference the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I am not sure, but we would decide against that. You are invading with both at the same time. If there is not room for it, then you cannot use it.
But that's just our interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvio Z
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sillyship wrote:

Well, we would let it happen. Sounds totally right, because there will be space for invade with another warrior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldnt have a problem with it. You are triggering 2 separate abilities, you can do them in either order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Yohai
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Ugh, we're getting ready for a tournament of this game with my group. More of us own this than any other game almost, and we play it pretty hard. This needs a ruling and I find no clear information to help me decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Back on Oct 26, 2015, the game producer and playtester, Thiago Aranha, stated below about this exact question:

Quote:
Since both of these actions take place at the same time "when you invade", the active player can then decide the order in which they happen. So it's possible for the Troll/Fire Giant to clear a Village for the extra Warrior to invade.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1459584/friggas-succor-and-...

Edit: Corrected title for Thiago; yes I would call this "official".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizz
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
The designer was Eric Lang though, right?
Was Thiago Aranha a co-designer? I am not seeing that.
If he is an authority on the matter, I am glad that he clarified in the last half of his sentence. Because when things happen "at the same time, I would assume that one does not happen before the other. That's not my definition of "at the same time."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Personally, I really appreciate when designers and publishers come online and answer questions for us. I also appreciate that most of us arent jerks to them for going out of their way to do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Brandizzle wrote:
The designer was Eric Lang though, right?
Was Thiago Aranha a co-designer? I am not seeing that.
If he is an authority on the matter, I am glad that he clarified in the last half of his sentence. Because when things happen "at the same time, I would assume that one does not happen before the other. That's not my definition of "at the same time."

p1 of the rule book:

Quote:
Game Design and Development: Eric M. Lang
Art: Adrian Smith
Producers: Thiago Aranha, Percy de Montblanc

So, he was a producer and playetester (further down the list). I'd classify that as official, personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems in line with the spirit of all other rulings I have seen to let these cards combo. It is by far not the most powerful combo in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Yohai
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
OK, I will print this and introduce it to my group.
Yes, it may not SEEM the most powerful combo, however, it is a combo that is powerful when it comes to stopping some opponent strategies, especially if you keep the troll, unrevealed, until the third round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
mbmbmbmbmb
Sillyship wrote:
OK, I will print this and introduce it to my group.
Yes, it may not SEEM the most powerful combo, however, it is a combo that is powerful when it comes to stopping some opponent strategies, especially if you keep the troll, unrevealed, until the third round.

Oh. It certain can be powerful in the right situation.

But in a game where the "Ship Loop" is a legal combo I am hesitant to rule out any other combos just for of being overpowered.

As a matter of fact, the game needs more powerful combos to level the playing field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.