Majesty: For the Realm» Forums » General

Subject: Is it ridiculous I already want an expansion!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Thomas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is so simple yet clever. I can see huge potential to expand this game in tiny increments. Like Century Spice i can even see this game being modular piece of a larger whole!

I have only played a few times and am hapoy with this game as it is but is it insane to already want this game to be expanded?

Cult of the Next!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not ridiculous at all--I cannot wait for an expansion too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Myers
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the same boat. Already six plays in, loving it, and wanting more. I haven't even tried the B sides yet, but I see such potential for adding an expansion with another location (A and B sides) with its matching character. Oh, and of course the five-value coins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve tried the B-Sides, and they have a very different feel to them. I cannot wait to play a game with some A-Sides and some B-Sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annabel Seaton
United Kingdom
Portslade Village
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
I sell my handmade dice bags on Etsy - www.dicebags.co.uk
mbmbmbmbmb
Snap! We haven't stopped playing this one and can't wait for more too!
Tried the B side yesterday and agree it feels very different, looking forward to exploring it some more. Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
irishroar wrote:
This game is so simple yet clever. I can see huge potential to expand this game in tiny increments. Like Century Spice i can even see this game being modular piece of a larger whole!

I have only played a few times and am hapoy with this game as it is but is it insane to already want this game to be expanded?

Cult of the Next!!!

Insanity is a serious thing. So, no, not insane for wanting more. But it is strange to want an expansion to a game that just released, and you've only played a few times.

This tells me that the game itself doesn't have a lot of replayability, or is missing/lacking something. Which is worrying. I've played the game one time, and I liked it, but it hasn't made it back to the table, so maybe you are on to something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Myers
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, it isn't that an expansion is needed - the A and B side offer a ton of variety. It's just that there is plenty of opportunity it seems to expand, and that opportunity is welcome since I love how simple the game is to teach, it has just the right amount of player interaction, and the length of the game is ideal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
We already know expansions will be made. So opportunity isn't an issue.

But I find it weird that a player would want more of a the game while not having tried the B side of locations yet. You have more right there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Thomas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
irishroar wrote:

Cult of the Next!!!

Insanity is a serious thing. So, no, not insane for wanting more. But it is strange to want an expansion to a game that just released, and you've only played a few times.

This tells me that the game itself doesn't have a lot of replayability, or is missing/lacking something. Which is worrying. I've played the game one time, and I liked it, but it hasn't made it back to the table, so maybe you are on to something.

I was not making light of any serious mental illness...are you seriously implying I was?

the replay-ability is feeling like a little bit of an issue tbh...it has been interesting using the different sides of the cards but its a limited change for me. I just see so much potential for such a simple system...i like this game alot don't get me wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Thomas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phaseshifter wrote:

But I find it weird that a player would want more of a the game while not having tried the B side of locations yet. You have more right there.

I have since tried them....my stance hasn't changed tho lol...I want more to this. 10 plays so far...everyone has enjoyed it so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Thomas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myersd37 wrote:
I am in the same boat. Already six plays in, loving it, and wanting more. I haven't even tried the B sides yet, but I see such potential for adding an expansion with another location (A and B sides) with its matching character. Oh, and of course the five-value coins!

5 player coins! would be nice but the constant making change and etc has really sharpened my simple math skills
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
irishroar wrote:
Phaseshifter wrote:

I have since tried them....my stance hasn't changed tho lol...I want more to this. 10 plays so far...everyone has enjoyed it so far.

You could always make up your own locations, or play with a target number of points (Though you'd have to constantly check the end game bonuses. But I guess they could be added after)

Btw. Did you like B side more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Five players would be a nice expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerlof Lutter
Netherlands
Assen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I myself would like to see event cards added to the personel deck. Just mix them in after the first six are placed on the table. When one turns up, handle the event, remove the card, and resume play by adding another new sixth card to the possible selection.

As a few examples :

Sickness strikes.
- Player(s) with least amount of witches suffers damage handled in the same way as an attack by knights.

Famine on the land.
- All players turn all millers facedown and place them under the mill. The facedown millers no longer count for point calculation. You can turn them face-up (activate them) by returning one worker(meeple) to the pot for each miller to be turned face-up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
gerlof101 wrote:
I myself would like to see event cards added to the personel deck. Just mix them in after the first six are placed on the table. When one turns up, handle the event, remove the card, and resume play by adding another new sixth card to the possible selection.

As a few examples :

Sickness strikes.
- Player(s) with least amount of witches suffers damage handled in the same way as an attack by knights.

Famine on the land.
- All players turn all millers facedown and place them under the mill. The facedown millers no longer count for point calculation. You can turn them face-up (activate them) by returning one worker(meeple) to the pot for each miller to be turned face-up again.

I like the idea, but think it might be nice to have the next event known so that you can plan for it (in typical Euro style). Maybe it's triggered after a certain number of turns, or maybe it's triggered by some game state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.