Hide
3 Posts

Space Empires: 4X» Forums » Rules

Subject: Alien AI solitaire questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A.J Phillips
msg tools
1. When an AP fleet engages in battle for the first time and it starts purchasing tech, a lot of what it buys seems to depend on what the human player has "shown" in terms of their own fleet and tech. Does this also refer to the fleet and tech the human player has just revealed in the current combat session, or is it just referring to what he's shown in past battles?

2. In regards to the tech chart on pg 11 of the scenario book, if an AP makes a roll on this chart and gets a tech that it's already bought in a previous step of the process, would it buy it again, or would it just re-roll?

3. Just to confirm something about Raider fleets...they essentially get built "twice" so to speak..once when they are first launched, and again when entering combat for the first time, is that correct? Like just more Raider ships are added to the already built fleet should there be any fleet CPs left at that point. Also, if it's a Raider fleet, is tech purchased just like any other fleet or do they just go straight to the tech chart and roll there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's been awhile since I played, but here's how I handled 1 and 2:

1. I only consider human tech from past battles.

2. I buy a tech for the AP each time it's rolled - otherwise it would be very hard for them to get higher levels of a given tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J Phillips
msg tools
ron42na wrote:
It's been awhile since I played, but here's how I handled 1 and 2:

1. I only consider human tech from past battles.

2. I buy a tech for the AP each time it's rolled - otherwise it would be very hard for them to get higher levels of a given tech.

Thanks for your answers. Also I was wondering, when it says to subtract -2 from a fleet launch role if Ap has researched cloaking, fighters' etc, does that mean subtract from the roll you actually make, or subtract from the role listed on the AP economic sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.