mike gehri
msg tools
This board has been great when looking for rules clarifications, (thanks BTW!). But tonight I couldn't find one.

My son was adjacent to Ashardalon on another tile, and pulled the encounter card and got trapped in a cage.

He also was in control of Ashardalon, he rolled bit and made a hit on the hero in the cage. But the next tile attack would normally knock the hero 1 tile back.

Because I couldn't find the rule clarification I treated it like this.

• Successful hit, apply HP to hero.
• Do not move hero stuck in the cage.

Is this correct? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Carraro
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! It's correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto Hietanen
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that playing either way is fine, but I would have ruled that the flimsy cage is no match for Ashardalon's might and I would have moved the hero. In the earlier game, Castle Ravenloft, heroes can get immobilized which stops them from moving, but not from being moved by outside forces. Granted, in WoA there is no Immobilized condition, so it not necessarily the same situation here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike gehri
msg tools
Glad to hear I did it right. But I like Arto's point. A tail whip from Ashardalon seems like it could shatter traps like that.

It almost worked to an advantage for him, because when he started the round he got a perk for starting next to the dragon on the first attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Corley

Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shake I hate the cage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play like Arto described.

If an effect immobilizes a hero the HERO cannot move on thier turn.
If an effect causes the hero to be moved, such as in the OP scenario, i would move the Hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mercy fate
msg tools
if it was me, I would say that ashardslon does knock the hero back, in addition, the dragon would also knock the cage back along with the hero.

so, the hero would move and the cage moves along with them, meaning they would still be trapped in the cage.

but, i dunno, is the cage a physical trap tile that gets placed on the board, or is is a curse card that is kept in front ot the hero?

I dug through my cards

and, the cage is in fact, a curse on the hero, so i would interpret it such that the hero is still trapped in the cage and the hero just can’t move under their own power. if another effect causes the hero to be moved, then I don’t see why the hero would not get moved. the hero carries the card with them, until they break out or another hero breaks them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.