Subject: Called it! Now print more, don't be a Star Wars destiny. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Nov 18th 2016, I said that this will be a gigantic hit. Now seeing all these players live this and paying so much for it. It shows that this game is amazing. I've played it 5 times and it has been a blast.
After talking about wanting to make this game more competitive and bridging the gap between miniatures and board games, this game needs to be supported. The best thing that they can do is either make this Norse come out sooner, do another kickstarter, or what I feel you should do, is get this to local game stores. This is a great game and I feel can compete with other worse miniatu e games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Norse, Egypt, Hindu... Maybe Chinese... All Mythic Battles, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hindu would really be something. Always problematic with a living rather than largely historical pantheon, so I would be surprised if they went down that road; I'd strongly expect Egyptian after Ragnarok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Harris
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
It would be quite a shame if they avoided Hindu mythology.There are so many heroes and interesting creatures to utilize. I remember reading Ramayana and the Mahabharata in college. So many cool things to be given the Mythic Battles treatment. Hopefully the very cool biblical interpertations of Joan of Arc are indicators that Mythic is willing to offer cool miniatures despite religious connections.

I do hope for An Egyptian themed one as well but feel it’s problematic as the stories that remain lack the heroes of Greek murhology. Classiscal Norse doesn’t have as many either but this is easily solved by using quasi-mythological figures sich as Ragnar Lothbrook and other Germanic heroes such as Sigurd and even possibily Beowulf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Indiveri
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would absolutely love a Mythic Battles: Hindi

Being a history buff, I would love reading down all materials of all the characters of the set, voraciously.

But, it would be super-problematic. Taking actual figures from a currently active religion, where there are shrines of such figures people actually pray to, and taking those figures down to plastic miniatures for a board-game...

Nope, don't see that before all hek goes all frozen solid...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Markind wrote:
I would absolutely love a Mythic Battles: Hindi

Being a history buff, I would love reading down all materials of all the characters of the set, voraciously.

But, it would be super-problematic. Taking actual figures from a currently active religion, where there are shrines of such figures people actually pray to, and taking those figures down to plastic miniatures for a board-game...

Nope, don't see that before all hek goes all frozen solid...

I'm guessing you didn't see the Joan of Arc game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JediNate wrote:

I do hope for An Egyptian themed one as well but feel it’s problematic as the stories that remain lack the heroes of Greek murhology. Classiscal Norse doesn’t have as many either but this is easily solved by using quasi-mythological figures sich as Ragnar Lothbrook and other Germanic heroes such as Sigurd and even possibily Beowulf.

the other problem with an Ancient Egyptian theme is the rather uniform depiction of the known deities in details as well as posture. Most differ mostly in head/headgear which might make it a bit problematical for a miniature game if you want to provide a bit of diversity.
And this applies also for pharaohs which would be basically the main source for hero-like personnel.

While I personally would like to see something like that, I doubt that we will - perhaps with a more global approach throwing in some ancient near east cultures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"The Sisyphean dreamer, my fibula and femur hold the weight of the world over and over! I think, therefore I die, anxiety and I rolling down a mountain over and over!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I said it before I'll say it again, Babylonian, Assyrian, Sumerian would be awesome, right along with Norse and Egyptian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
I said it before I'll say it again, Babylonian, Assyrian, Sumerian would be awesome, right along with Norse and Egyptian.

I'd be all over that as well. Mythic Battles: Between Two Streams?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I have read, there is no plans for the game to go to retail at all, which is disappointing as I didn't have the money to get anything more than the base pledge at the time of the kickstarter.

I read that the expansions would be available directly from Monolith, but I haven't been able to find any sign that they even have a web store set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a Polynesian pantheon.
Miniatures would probably have to come with PG rating as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.