Hide
5 Posts

Claustrophobia» Forums » General

Subject: Playtime for 2 complete newbies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Lin
msg tools
How long would it take to teach and play with game if both players have never played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine more than 90 minutes. Probably less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst-Jan Viergever
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game itself is short, most of the times under the hour. Given that you are newbies and might have to consult the rules more often I would say an hour and a half. Two hours at most.

(Be aware that you might want to play more than a single session, so it might become a lot longer).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yeah, it's just not a very long game, and the rules are simple. I can't imagine over 90 minutes either, and that would be with SLOW players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our games usually take 45 minutes (which is nice, as it also gives the option to have both players play each side once in under 2 hours). Adding the learning process of your first game to that, hmm, depending on how prepared you are by actually reading the rules beforehand, I would say 60-75 minutes.

It's a great game, have fun !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.