Subject: Income rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
Hi !

I just finished Game 5 and I have a question.

When you move to a building with the benefit income where you have an influence token, can you claim the income that the income sign indicates once you pay the cost or you can only claim the benefit when is time to collect income according to the progress track?

Thanks !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Only according to the progress track.

Also remember that the influence in the cost of the building is placed on the building as a reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LateShacka wrote:
Only according to the progress track.

Also remember that the influence in the cost of the building is placed on the building as a reminder.

Also remember that each player can only visit an income building once - as once they have used it they have an influence token there and are unable to get its benefit again (being placing a influence token on it).

Ever income phase (usually from the progress track) you get the income benefit of that building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
Thanks again Sam !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
Hi Israel. Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify your response. Once I pay the influence token that goes on the building, I get the right to get income only when the income option is available according to the progress track.

I'm still confused with this part: Once you claim the benefit of that income building where you have an influence token, do you leave your influence token and claim all the other incomes to come? Or you can only claim the benefit (income) once?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Viduenez wrote:
Hi Israel. Thanks for the reply. Just to clarify your response. Once I pay the influence token that goes on the building, I get the right to get income only when the income option is available according to the progress track.

I'm still confused with this part: Once you claim the benefit of that income building where you have an influence token, do you leave your influence token and claim all the other incomes to come? Or you can only claim the benefit (income) once?

Thanks !

Each time income is triggered, you get the income benefit for all income buildings on which you have an influence token

Spoiler (click to reveal)
and also for all guests that you have in your personal supply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
Canada
Victoria B.C.
flag msg tools
Thanks Israel. It's very clear now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Ward
United States
Newport News
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When income is triggered, you keep your influence on the building, and take back influence that is off in the supply (that you spent by opening crates, building, visiting other buildings, etc). The influence on the income building will stay there until the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoopder
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a related question. Since your influence marker stays on the building and will trigger during income every time, are you required to take the income benefit? For example, if your income benefit requires you to place an influence token somewhere that you won’t be able to get back for the rest of the game, can you choose to ignore that benefit if you’re low on influence markers and/or don’t need the bonus for placing another marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jbethany wrote:
I have a related question. Since your influence marker stays on the building and will trigger during income every time, are you required to take the income benefit? For example, if your income benefit requires you to place an influence token somewhere that you won’t be able to get back for the rest of the game, can you choose to ignore that benefit if you’re low on influence markers and/or don’t need the bonus for placing another marker?

The only one I can think of is Reputation, and that's always optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Dionne
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonuses are always optional so yes, you can choose not to spend that influence token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoopder
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:

The only one I can think of is Reputation, and that's always optional.

That’s the one I had in mind. Wasn’t sure what others might be out there. Thanks for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff MacDougall
msg tools
Hmmm, can a player visit an income building more than once and choose to not gain the benefit of placing an influence token onyo the building?

Thinking of a situation where someone may want to gain a benefit from using a minion or from picking up 2 or more of a specific minion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff: You can only use an income building once (you gain income from it whenever income is triggered, but you can only place a worker there once).

The reason is that part of the cost is to place an influence token on the income building, and the rules say that you can place 1 influence token on an income building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.